5. A Cold Evening In May

It was a cold night in the month of May. Very unusual because it's always hot during May, but it had rained in the evening. Jared wasn't ready for it. He hadn't expected it to rain today. So, he left home wearing a t-shirt and trousers. He liked his outfit as it made him look “classy” according to his girlfriend. She has a good taste in clothes but now, he is shivering and is in a rush to get home.

*Wish I could get a jacket or something. Too cold… why didn't I check the weather this morning??! Ugh…*

His thoughts are interrupted as his phone vibrates in his pocket, telling him that he's got a message. He immediately pulls it out and looks at the message. He groans.

Boss:
Jared. I expect you to be there at work early tomorrow. We need to finish the shoot by one tomorrow.

Jared:
Can't you get another model for me? I don't like this model. She's too arrogant and it ruins my mood. I'm having a headache because of her.

Boss:
I know what you mean Jared. But we can't help it. The company wants her. You know why.

Jared:
I know. This is so sick.

Boss:
Just deal with it for some more time. She's moving to London after this shoot. We'll be alright.

Jared:
I hope what you say is true.

Boss:
Trust me ;)

Jared:
I gotta go now. Have a good night!

Boss:
Yeah yeah. See ya in the morning!

Jared:
:)

Jared sighs as he keeps his phone in his pocket. Being the main photographer in the company is hard, especially having to deal with haughty and arrogant models who enter the industry through connections and rise to the top. Just like that. Especially this particular girl who was the director's daughter. That's why she got to the top so easily. She treats everyone like her slaves and is very rude, which he hated. She is the cause of his headache and irritation and the cold weather isn't helping him at all. He sighs.

He reaches his apartment and runs up the stairs. He then takes his key out, opens the door and enters into a warm room to see his girlfriend on the couch, scrolling through her phone. He smiles.

Luna looks up from her phone with a big smile on her face. She makes grabby hands for him as he walks over to give her a hug and kisses her forehead. She looks up at him and smiles.

“Helloo my love! How was your day??” She asks, excited. He winces as his head starts hurting and stands up.

“Later baby, I'm not in the mood..” He says as he walks to the bedroom.

Luna stares after him in surprise. Jared definitely isn't in a good mood. She nods. He usually is like this when he doesn't have a good day at work. She sighs as she shakes her head. He should have dinner first. She stands up and tosses her phone on her couch. She walks to the room.

Jared freshens up and changes into a t-shirt and shorts. He lies down and closes his eyes. He was really tired. He wanted to sleep, but couldn't. He tossed and turned but still, it was of no use. He still stayed like that, waiting for sleep to take over him.

“Baby? Have dinner..”

He doesn't respond. His head hurts. He didn't want to open his eyes. He hears soft footsteps and a small hand pokes his cheek.

“Babiee, have dinner? Please?”

He groans.

“I'll get dinner for you here? You'll eat in bed?” she asks him.

“I don't want to have anything!” He tells as he winces in pain. His head starts pounding now. He didn't know why but her talking gave him more headache.

“Ohh okay….”

He hears her sigh and walk away. She doesn't forget to turn off the lights, making the room dark, giving him relief.

*Was I too rude?* He asks himself, feeling a little guilty. He felt bad because he somewhat-yelled at her. He never does that. Should he apologize? Is his Luna crying? Is she feeling sad?

Luna is a real softie. He knows she'll easily cry if she's yelled at. Now he felt bad, because he yelled at her, knowing her sensitivity. He immediately got up from his bed when—

“What exactly do you think you're doing?!” He opens his eyes to see his girlfriend enter in with an ice pack and a bottle of water.

“Are you crazy?? You should be resting when you have a headache…” she gently whispers. She hands him the bottle and both of them sit down.

“Drink it. Water is usually helpful.”

He obeys as he slowly drinks and empties the whole bottle. He then burps, making her giggle.

“Lie down.”

He lies down, his head on her lap and she places the head pack on his forehead. He sighs as he instantly feels relieved. He smiles. Luna starts gently massaging his shoulders. Jared sighs in bliss.

After a moment of comfortable silence, Luna speaks.

“Long day at work?”

He nods, smiling, now that his pain is reducing.

“There was this model. Ugh…..She's really annoying. And you know I don't like models who are like that. Especially her. Damn..” He closes his eyes again.

“Aww my baby, I'm sure things will be alright, don't worry.” She bends down and kisses her forehead.

He smiles as he looks at her.

“You know? You should be my model.”

She blushes.

“Why me?”

“Why not? You're really cute! And pretty too! You'll be a great model! People will love you!”

“Yeah I know that..” She smirks at him.

“Yep! You're my cutie after all!” He kisses her forehead as he gets up. He stands up and reaches his hand out for her.

“Let's go eat, I'm hungry!”

She smiles as she takes his hand and gets off the bed. She then gets on her tippy toes and kisses his cheek as they walk to the kitchen.

“What's for dinner though?”

“Pasta.”

“Heck yes!!”

*********

Hey my loves,
I'm so sorry I've been inactive for so long! I'll try my level best to update more often!!

I hope all of you are doing well! Please take care of yourself!! Love you all so much!❤️