8. Crushing on your best friend

Erica sighs again as she looks up at the sky. Her best friend looks at her, a little worried.

“What's wrong?”

“I don't know why I am annoyed but it's so annoying.” She tells as her gaze is on a particular person.

Diana follows her gaze and realises why.

In the middle of the ground she saw two people talking to each other. Ian and Hana. Ian was someone who never laughed much. It was surprising to see him laugh.

Hana was trying to get Ian's attention. She has been trying since the day college started but Ian wasn't that interested.

Or that's what he told Erica.

She could only glare at them. Jealousy creeped into her. She immediately looks away when Ian turns and looks at her.

“Oh my God Diana!! Please tell me he isn't looking anymore!” She tells as she looks at her lap.

Diana smirks.

“All clear now.”

Erica sighs in relief as she looks back up only to find him looking at her. He waves as he gives her a beautiful smile. She smiles and waves back.

“You know you're dead right?”

“Smile and wave love, smile and wave.” Diana laughs.

Ian winks at her before turning to Hana and resuming their conversation. Erica blushes as Diana giggles.

“Awww! He winked at you! So cute!!”

“Shut up!” She buries her face in her palms and squeals.

Ian and Erica have been best friends for a long time. And she's been crushing on him for a while but she's never confessed to him. She knows exactly why.

Ian is popular. He's a guitarist, an amazing singer, plays basketball and is a professional footballer. He's talented and attracts everyone. Especially the girls.

Erica on the other hand, is reserved and quiet. She only talks to her friends and the people she's comfortable with. She doesn't consider herself as someone talented. She knows the chances of him liking her back are slim. Why would he even like her? Especially when he had so many girls behind him? He probably doesn't like her back. Life is hard. Crushing on your best friend is bad guys. Don't do that.

“Oh my God, he's coming here!!” Diana exclaims and she looks up to see him walking towards them. She gulps as she looks at her lap. She feels her heart beat fast.

“Hello Ian! How are you?”  Diana smiles at him.

“I'm great! How are you? Long time no see!”

“Yeah..okay okay. Not bad but not good and you've been really busy Ian. That's why I can't see you these days!” She exclaims.

“True. Busy with tons of photography. I'm tired. As you guys saw, I was talking to Hana about it. I think we might finish it by today.”

Erica blushes in embarrassment. He did notice her looking at him. Gosh. She felt like hiding somewhere. She looks down. Her shoes suddenly look interesting. Diana notices this and smirks.

“Guys. I gotta go. My professor needs me for something.” Diana stands up and picks up her bag. Erica looks at her. How could she leave her in this situation?! Diana winks at her as she leaves.

Erica frowns, what should she talk about? It was quiet for a while. Too quiet. She looks down at her shoes as she thinks about what to ask him.

“How are you doing Erica?” Ian asks as he scoots closer to her. She blushes as she could feel his body closer to her. She felt warm.

“I'm fine. Just the same everyday. How about you?” She looks up at him.

He smiles.

“Same as you. Did you have lunch?” 

She shakes her head.

“I was supposed to go with Diana after this but she had to leave.”

“After you're done stalking me?”

She blushes as she shakes her head rapidly.

“I wasn't stalking you!! I was just looking around!” She protests.

He chuckles.

*Cute.*

He had been watching her since she had arrived. She definitely was looking at him. He's actually the stalker. He smiles as he gets up and offers his hand.

“Let's go have lunch together.”

She smiles as she takes his hand and he pulls her up to him. She holds her breath and her eyes widen at how close they are. She could feel her heart beat faster. She didn't know that it was a mix of both their heartbeats. Both of them thought it was theirs only. She could feel his hand around her waist. Gosh it felt so good. Like it was meant to be there. She couldn't muster up the courage to look him in the eye. She knew she would die if she did (She's over exaggerating but okay).

Ian could only smile at how cute she is. She couldn't even look up at him. But it felt nice to be so close to her. Her hands were on his chest and he wondered if she could feel his heartbeat that was faster than Usain Bolt (He's also exaggerating but let's let this slide). He places a hand under her chin and lifts her face. He immediately flights the urge to kiss her. She looked so beautiful from afar. But up close, she looked divine. Even if a goddess came and stood beside her, his eyes would never leave her. Her face was red and her eyes looked at him in a way that made him feel giddy.

Suddenly, he hears the click of a camera and snaps back to reality. He lets go of her and immediately looks around.

Erica sees Diana run away with a camera. The girl is going to tease her with the picture later. She sighs, sad that the moment didn't last for long.

*SCREW YOU DIANA!*

“Let's go?” Ian holds out his hand again. She gladly takes it.

“It's so cold today..” She shivers. Ian nods.

“Very cold.” He replies as he holds her hand a little tighter and pulls her closer to him. She smiles, liking all of it. Maybe, crushing on your best friend isn't that bad after all.

******