6. Midnight Snacks

The sound of rain hitting the window woke Kenny up. The room was loosing it's heat and becoming colder by the minute. He looks around. It was still dark.

*It's raining?*

*In the middle of summer?*

He sighs as he moves his leg around to find the bedsheet and he reaches out to cover himself as it was getting colder. He pulls the bedsheet to cover the little teddy bear sleeping next to him but he's confused as his hand rests on nothing but empty space.

*Did she roll off the bed?* He thinks as he crawls to the side and sees nothing on the floor. He then sits up wondering where she went. He then notices light coming in from behind the door and gets off the bed.

As quietly as he could, Kenny opens the door and peeks through. The lights in the living room were turned off. The light was coming from the kitchen. He steps out and closes the door.

He peeks into the kitchen and sees a sight that makes him gush. His cute little bear kneeling in the counter and reaching out for the top cabinet and pulling out four packets of instant noodles. Beside her there are chopped vegetables in small bowls and there's a pan on the stove. The bear is hungry again. He chuckles. She is so adorable.

Kenny slowly tiptoes towards her and tries not to make any noise as he gently wraps his hands around her waist.

Luna yelps as she drops a packet. If not for him holding her, she would've fallen down.

"Kenny!!!!" She glares at him as he laughs.

"I'm so sorry baby, I didn't really mean to scare you."

"You're going to kill me one day. I swear." She dramatically sighs as she places her hand over her chest.

"Stop overacting! Oh my God!" He rolls his eyes playfully. She smacks him on the head.

"I thought I'd wake you up and give you some but now, I don't think I'll-"

She was interrupted as Kenny kisses her and then turns on the stove, gathering all the four packets. He turns to her and gives her his signature adorable smile.

"I'm hungry too."

Luna feels her heart melt. Awwwww he's too cute!!

"Awwww you're too adorable!!" She gushes as she hugs him.

"Only for you princess." He kisses her head. She smiles, butterflies exploding inside her.

Kenny ended up cooking the noodles. His teddy just sat on the counter and watched him, talking about random things. It was still raining but the kitchen kept them warm.

Luna hopped off the counter and was about to set up the plates when he stopped her.

"Just get the forks. I'm too lazy to wash."

She smiles. He's becoming like her.

Soon enough, there will be two bears roaming in the house. She giggles.

"What's going on in that head of yours?"

"Nothing. Let's eat! Me so hungry!!"

And the food is gone within minutes. Luna smiles as she pats her tummy. She was full.

"Ahh!! It was so good!! I'm content now!" She smiles as both of them walk back to their bedroom. Kenny just chuckles as he watches her go and sit on the floor, right in front of the window. She's a teddy. No kidding. She actually is.

His little teddy.

He picks up the bedsheet that was on the bed and sits down next to her. He then wraps it around both of them.

Luna immediately snuggles closer to him and sighs.

"Ahhh this is so warm!!" She smiles as he wraps his arm around her shoulder and pulls her as close as he could.

For a few minutes, they just sit there in the silence, enjoying the rain. It was comforting and peaceful.

Kenny looks down at his girlfriend. She was looking out the window, her gaze stuck on the view. He could see the stars in her eyes. She loved looking at nature. She could sit and stare at the same view everyday and not get tired of it at all. She always told that nature is beautiful. Everyday is beautiful. Everything around her is beautiful and she's grateful for it.

Kenny isn't able to sit and stare at nature for hours together but he can definitely watch his teddy bear. He can look at her doing anything and never get bored. She was beautiful in every way and he knows he's blessed to have her. He's one lucky boy.

"Want dessert?"

Her head snaps towards him and he laughs.

"Wait I'll get something and be back." He pats her head, gets up and leaves.

Luna turns back to look at the rain. She smiles. There were days she sat infront of her window and imagined her being in the arms of her lover. She's glad she's living her dreams now. Being with Kenny makes life better.

And now he's getting dessert for her!

She picks her phone up and plays Still With You by Jungkook.

*Just perfect!*

She hums along with the song as she waits for her man to come back with dessert.

Meanwhile, Kenny places two small bowls of chocolate cake in the microwave and waits. He made these cakes in small bowls and stored it in the fridge in a way she won't be able to find it. He knows it'll get over if she ever finds it. She loves chocolates.

He walks back into the room with the bowls in his hand to find that his bear had fallen asleep. How cute. She won't get to eat the cake now. But he couldn't bring himself to wake her up. It's hard for her to fall asleep in the first place and it will be hard for her to sleep again if she's woken up. So, he walks back to the kitchen and hides the cakes in the fridge.

He comes back to the bedroom and picks up his teddy. She immediately snuggles into his warmth. She smiles as he places her down and kisses her forehead. He covers her with the bedsheet and lies down next to her. She immediately latches onto him. He wraps his hands around her and lets sleep finally take over him.

"I love you Luna"

*********

I'm back. After a long writer's block I'm finally back!! I will continue to work on this and my other works as well!! More is yet to come!! Stay tuned!!😊