Chapter 3

I woke to my mums voice telling me its time to wake up and get ready for school, I'm so excited to see Casey that I'm immediately up and heading for my shower. The hot water feel great running down my back, i start rubbing my shampoo in my hair, it smells of strawberries, which happens to be my favorite fruit, quickly rinsing it off i grab a towel, and head to my closet to grab some clothes. There's not much differences with my outfits, i always wear baggy jeans and either a loose t-shirt or hoodie. Picking some underwear, a pair of dark blue jeans and a hoodie with one of my favorite bands on it, i head back into my bathroom to get ready.

Looking in the mirror i see myself looking back, my grey/blue eyes are sparkling with excitement, i brush my hair into a side parting with half my hair covering one of my eyes. My hair reaches my lower back and is a dark brown color, sometimes it looks almost black its so dark. My mums hair is black and my dads is brown so i like to think i take after both of them with my hair color, just like my eyes, there are an usual color. They are grey but if you look close enough you can see the blue color surrounding the grey, again its something i got from both parents, my mum has lovely grey eyes, shes stunning with her black hair her grey eyes. My dads eyes are the loveliest shade of blue, the same blue that frames my grey eyes. Both my parents are beautiful, and my older brother was always popular at school because of his good looks. I'm sure that my parents are probably a little disappointed in having me for a child.

Both my parents are confident and outgoing, the same as my older brother Markus, wheres I'm shy and awkward, they were all popular in high school, but me i dare say that if it wasn't for my best friend Casey nobody would even know i exist at school. Its not that I'm not intelligent though because i am, I'm in all advanced classes, and generally get the best grades, its just being smart doesn't make me popular, if anyone did bother to put me in a school category i would probably be the nerd, but again i would have to be noticed by other people, for them to categorize me.

God i sound so depressing, and that's just it I'm not depressed, I'm happy with my life, i don't mind that people at school don't speak to me or acknowledge my existence, i believe the moon goddess has a plan for all of us, and one day maybe ill blossom and then ill find my mate.

Entering the kitchen my dad is sat at the table reading this mornings newspaper, i give him a quick kiss on the cheek and sit down ready for mum to serve breakfast. "Good morning Alexia, are you ready for your senior year?" my dad asks while putting his paper down. "I'm excited and i cant wait to see Casey this morning, shes going to pick me up so we can ride to school together, apparently her parents got her a new car as a surprise when she got back from her grandparents yesterday" i tell him excitedly. "New car huh?" he asks "You know your mother and i have offered to buy you a car also but you don't seem to want one" "Its not that i don't want one, its just i don't need one, there's no point in spending money on things i don't need" i reply. My parents have been taking about getting me a car since i turned 16 but to be honest school is only a 30 minute walk, and i actually enjoy walking so i don't see the point in wasting money. Its not that my parents cant afford to get me a car, my dad in the Beta in our pack, and hes also a highly respected lawyer in our town, my mum is the Beta female and she teaches kindergarten at the local school. She loves kids, she said when my brother and i was born it was the happiest time in her life. My brother Markus is currently away at college studying Law to take over my fathers business. He never came home over summer as he decided to go traveling with some friends, i miss my brother even though we aren't close, its still nice when he does come home.

After finishing my breakfast i hear a car pull up, going to the window i see Casey getting out of her new volkswagen beetle, the car really does suit her personality, its quirky like her. She enters our house and is greeted with a hug from my mum "Good morning Mrs Reymond" she squeaks out as my mum hugs her harder. "What have i told you? Its Cindy not Mrs Reymond i think you've known us long enough to stop the formalities" my mum laughs. Casey and i have been friends since we were 7, but as he family are low ranking wolves in our pack, her parents always insist on her being formal with any elders including my parents. Saying goodbye to my mum and dad we head out the door and into her car. As i shut the car door Casey looks at me and squeals out "its our senior year, finally we will soon be out of this place!" For the 10 years we've been friends this has always being our goal, to finally leave high school and start a new chapter in our lives away from the pack in college. We both decided to go to college together but far away from the pack so no one recognizes us and then 'we can be who we want to be', Casey's saying not mine. You see Casey is not ugly in fact shes very pretty, she has long blonde hair and blue eyes, the only reason shes not one of the popular girls is because of her parents pack position. You see the popular students at our school are snobs and believe that because Casey's parents are towards the bottom of the pack, then she should be the bottom of the school pack. I know you must be thinking that in that case if I'm the beta's daughter then i should be popular too, my brother was the typically popular jock, everyone loved him, but I'm not even sure if they realized he even had a sister, but that's fine by me, i have Casey and shes all i need.

Arriving at school, we both go undetected and head straight for our lockers, we both received our schedules during the summer, and so both head to our first class AP Maths, we both sit at the back of the class as per usual, while waiting for the teacher to arrive we further discuss what we both did during the summer, obviously as i did very little it was mainly Casey talking while i listened. Mr Matthews arrived and class began.

The morning went by pretty fast i had double science and then it was lunch time, we both headed to the library where we have lunch everyday, none of us like going to the cafeteria, and as no one else generally eats in the library its just normally the two of us. After chatting for 20 minutes during eating our lunch i realize that i left my book to read in my locker, i inform Casey ill be right back.

Walking through the empty school hallways, i notice Harmony leaving the Janitors closet, her clothes look a little rumpled, and her platinum blonde hair looks a little messy, how cliche doing it in the Janitors closet? i think to myself, of course she doesn't notice me and carries on walking towards the cafeteria. Still thinking about how slutty she could be doing it on school property i don't notice the guy she was with exiting the closet until i literally bang into him. As soon as my body collides with his i feel immediate sparks shooting around my body, stumbling backwards i look up into the most amazing green eyes, i notice a lot of emotions running through them, but no one emotion stays long enough for me to determine which one hes thinking. My wolf is howling 'mate' in my head and doing a happy dance, all i can do is stare into those amazing green eyes.

The guy finally looks away breaking the trance, and i can finally look at the rest of my mate, hes about 6" 2 so really tall, especially since I'm only 5" 1, broad shoulders, tight t-shirt hugging his amazing body, its so tight that i can basically see the muscles underneath, 'i wonder what it would be like to run my hands down those muscles?', in the middle of my not so innocent fantasies i hear the guy clear his throat trying to get my attention, i flush bright red from being so busted checking him out, and not even bothering to actually see who my mate is. I look at his face this time, not just those amazing green eyes, and that's when shock takes over, looking back at me is none other than Jayden Raoul the Alpha's son.