Chapter 30

Alexia's POV

Hearing Ryder fussing through the baby monitor im immediately up and slipping out of my room, as i quickly reach the nursery door i cant help the smile forming on my lips as i notice Jay's door still closed. Since the first morning i moved in eight weeks ago we've created a sort of competition on who gets to Ryder's room first in the morning. We both have baby monitors in our rooms and nearly every morning when i get here, I'm greeted to the sight of Jay smirking at me because he beat me again. Walking up to Ryder's crib i see him trying to pull himself up using the crib slats, as if sensing that I'm watching him, he looks up and gives me the most dazzling smile. Picking him up i take a moment to access my son, i cant believe how big he's getting now, i know hes almost six months old but time seems to have flown by. My mum keep reminding me that before i know it he'll be crawling and then walking and then ill get no peace, but i can honesty say i cant wait. Walking into his closet i look around trying to find an outfit for him. Normally Jayden picks his clothes out because that's the prize for who ever gets to him first, so i find myself struggling to make a decision.  A couple of minutes later with Ryder fussing more i just grab the first things i find and head back into his room. I'm greeted by the sight of Jayden in all  his PJ glory leaning sexily against the door frame. Hes only wearing some pyjama bottoms allowing me to look at his abs and his sexy six pack. I feel my body temperature increase just looking at him, but noticing the dark circles under his eyes it seems to calm me down a little.

"Still out patrolling until late again?" i enquire, knowing what his answer is going to be. Around three weeks ago several rogue scents were found in our territory, normally this wouldn't be an issue as sometimes rogues do pass through. The problem is every night more scents were found and even our best trackers couldn't work out where the rogues were coming and going from. This caused everyone to be on high alert not knowing what type of rogues we were dealing with was the worst issue though. You see there's two types, one is the wolves that don't want to be in a pack and choose to become a 'rogue' generally living on their own, but never causing issues to other packs. Then there's the 'rogues' that give full control over to their wolves for what ever reason losing all sense of humanity. The fact that they were several scents confused us as rogues in general never travel within a group.

"Yeah i got back late, i just cant help feeling the rogues were up to something. I know the scents seemed to have dropped over the past few days, but i cant work out what they were doing here in the first place" Jayden replies and i can hear the frustration in his voice. I offered to go out patrolling so that he could stay home with Ryder but he wouldn't hear of it. Even though I'm more than capable of taking care of myself, Jayden insisted that i stayed at home so he knew Ryder and i was safe. He even had a couple of his friends stay over here to 'protect' us the first few nights. Derek thinks that the situation has passed as no scents have been found for a few days, so hes pulled patrolling back, but for what ever reason Jayden is still going out every night checking.

"Come on lets go downstairs and i can make you both breakfast", he nods his head and i follow him out of the nursery. Putting Ryder is his high chair, Jayden feeds him some baby porridge while i cook us both some pancakes. Every morning after we've both gotten Ryder up we come downstairs and take it in turns on who feeds Ryder and who cooks for us. As today is my turn i make pancakes knowing that they are Jayden's favorites too. After breakfast our routine continues as Jayden heads into his office to do his on-line courses and i get Ryder dressed and start any laundry that needs doing, and clean up after breakfast. I cant believe how domesticated Ive become over the past few weeks. I snort at this thought, never seeing myself as a housewife but that how it feels, not that I'm complaining.

Lunch time rolls around quickly, Ive already prepared a sandwich for Jay, so i sit and give Ryder his lunch too. I hear Jayden approaching and look up to see him tucking into his sandwich. We don't have many rules in the house, but we always eat breakfast, lunch and dinner together. Jayden said he thought it was important to eat together and i agreed with him. After lunch Jayden heads over to his dads so they can both go into the office, where i know he will spend the rest of the afternoon working before he comes home this evening. Finishing feeding Ryder i give Casey a quick call to see if she wants to come over. I was so happy when i realized that she was Jackson's mate but a small part of me was disappointed to see how happy both of them are. Over the past couple of months they've become inseparable, and so seeing Casey on her own is rare. Knowing that they still haven't found a house we gave them a spare key to ours, so they can came and go as they please. We allocated them the spare room, and the nights they spend here are always entertaining.