Chapter 32

Jayden's POV

"They t-took him Jayden, Ryder's gone" hearing Jackson say these words, all i can think of is how? and more importantly why? Needing the answers immediately i run down the stairs and out of the door shifting into my black wolf and running towards the pack house. I know Jackson is following me quietly but all i can think about is the need to find my son and bring him back safe. Jackson said that the rogues attacked and took him, but i cant understand why? If the rogues were vicious and had no humanity they would only have wanted to kill him not take him. Which means these rogues are the 'peaceful' type, so i cant understand what would have driven them to take my son?

Entering the pack house i immediately change into my human form, not bothering that im still naked, i need answers. Walking into the lounge i see my father sitting on the couch looking deep in thought. "Dad" i call, and see him stiffen at hearing my voice, he looks at me from over his shoulder and i see several emotions running through his eyes including sadness, worry and guilt. I also notice that his eyes look tired and i know that this situation is already taking a toll on him. I approach the couch and immediately ask "what happened?". He looks at me for several seconds before answering "I'm so sorry Jayden with everything that was happening, i just forgot Ryder was here, I'm sorry" my dad says in a pleading voice like hes trying to get me to understand. I'm not sure what hes talking about and i feel myself getting angry as i snap "just start from the beginning, and tell me everything." Holding the bridge of my nose i can feel a headache coming on, and i know its because I'm not going to like what I'm told. He motions for me to take a seat, which i immediately do, as i sit quietly he tells me everything, starting with the distress call earlier.

Once hes finished i cant decide what emotion to feel, they only knocked my mum out, but they killed others people. Hopes finally went through her first shift to try and protect Ryder, and because of that she was attacked and is in critical condition. I cant help feeling a little proud at my sister and her wolf though, i know in my heart that she only shifter tonight as her protection instincts kicked in, and the fact that she would lay her life down for my son, makes me feel grateful i was blessed with her as a sister. I also feel angry at these rogues for coming into the house i grew up in, attacking my family and then taking my son. Coming out of my thoughts i ask "what are we doing to find him?" because i need assurances from him that we are doing everything possible. "We've got any able members of the pack out searching now, but the scents just disappeared about four miles north, and we cant work out why. We've got the trackers trying to find out how its possible that they could just disappear in to thin air. Both Alexia's parents are also helping with the search and Ive got all the local Alpha's of the surrounding packs helping by searching their own territories. They have promised if they catch any scents they will let us know and we have permission to enter their lands to look for Ryder."

Feeling satisfied with his answer, i inform him I'm off to help in the search and head back outside, turning back into my wolf we run north where the rogues took Ryder. I can faintly smell around fifteen different scents and if i concentrate really hard i can pick up Ryder's scent among them. My wolf is going crazy at the thought of the rogues having our son. I cant help the guilty feeling creeping in that he was taken in the first place. I knew the rogues were up to something in my gut, which is why i still insisted on patrolling even when my father stated we were safe. If never made sense to me why they would be around for over two weeks and then just disappear, i always assumed they were looking for something, but never knew what. Never in a million years did i think that it was Ryder, and i know that he was specifically targeted as there's lots of houses in our territory, quite a few pack members have babies, so if it was just a baby they were after, they could have taken some other baby with a lot more ease. I just hope what ever the reasons were to take him, they will look after him, the thought of anyone hurting him literally makes my blood boil and my wolfs growling lets me know he agrees. Ive encountered several of our wolves as I'm running, even in wolf form i can see the pity in their eyes. I don't want nor need their pity though i need them to find Ryder and bring him back safe. Finally approaching the trackers i can understand why everyone is so confused. Its like you can smell the scents of the rogues and within a few steps it completely disappears leaving nothing. I look around to see if there's anywhere they could hide, but see nothing. The area is pretty open with only a few tress on either side of me. How is it possible that someone can disappear into thin air like this?