Chapter 35

Jayden's POV

I'm vaguely aware that the people in the room are still talking, but i cant concentrate on them, the only question running through my mind repeatedly is 'who the hell is Sarah?' I know i was no angel and i slept with a lot of girls, some that i didn't bother to get their names, but from what I'm told i clearly made an impact on this girl, yet i cant recall any Sarah's. I can feel myself getting frustrated with the need to place the girl who has taken my son but no image is coming to mind, 'you should be concentrating on getting our son back' my wolf reminds me. Deciding that hes right and its not important who she is, what's important is sorting a plan to get him back, i start running through options in my head. We've discovered that hes currently being held in no mans land, which is land not claimed by any packs. The house is between this pack and the Lakeland Creek Pack, we've already spoken to Blade the Alpha of the other pack and hes already said hes more than happy to help with the rescue. Looking over at my father and Cassius i can see that they are also deep in planning the rescue. I cant help feeling confident that with three Alpha's, myself plus other wolves from three packs, the rogues wont stand a chance, my only fear is getting Ryder out without them hurting him before we can get to him.

We've spent the last two hours talking with Blade and Cassius, trying to come up with a plan to reduce the number of casualties when we attack. The two rogues that we spoke to earlier have stated that most people in the 'pack' of rogues are peaceful and just want a place to belong. Obviously they've been mislead with Sarah's lies and even though they helped take my son, i still cant find it in me to want them dead. The other issue we have is that some of the rogues aren't as peaceful and killed five people from my pack, plus nearly killed my sister, so those that were responsible for that will be dealt with separately. We eventually decide to try to capture those that are there, that way we can question them later once Ryder is safe. We also know that the rogues only have around twenty people in their 'pack' including Thomas and Sarah, so Cassius is taking twenty of his best fighters and Blade is doing the same. We already brought ten fighters plus Derek, so they will be over fifty of us trying to detain the rogues with as little injuries as possible to all sides.

Dividing ourselves into groups we all split up, that way we can all come at the house from different sides and hopefully by surrounding the rogues they will see that they cant win and will surrender. We are not stupid to believe all will do this, so should some attack us we will have plenty of wolves that cant help subdue them until later. Its been decided that once everyone is detained rather than taking the rogues back to the other two Alpha's lands, we'll do the questing here at the house. David one of the rogues that gave us the information said the house is quite large, and both Alpha's have already agreed that they are willing to offer sanctuary to the rogues that are not at fault.

Standing two miles West away from the house, i inform the wolves with me to shift, once shifted i wait for my fathers command that we are to proceed to the house. My wolf is begging me to ignore waiting for his command and find our son now, but knowing that going in alone would do more harm than good i manage to rein him in. It also helps when i remind him our sons life depends on this rescue and this seems to quiet him down completely. 'Jayden proceed' i hear my fathers voice say through the mind link, finally is the only thought i can think as i give a quick nod to the wolves I'm with signalling to go. We start running in the direction of the house and the thought of finally seeing my son again after nearly three weeks encourages my wolf to run faster, pulling back slightly i allow the other wolves to catch back up just as the house comes into view.

Sitting at the edge of the forest i give myself a moment to take in the house, David wasn't exaggerating when he said it was quite large. Its a simple two story house, but just looking from the outside it appears to have various rooms both downstairs and up. I hear my fathers howl followed by two more coming from Cassius and Blade, i sit quietly waiting to see how the rogues will respond to our presence. We don't have to wait long as within seconds the front door opens and people rush out, some in wolf form while others have chosen to stay in human form. Quickly doing a head count i notice there's nineteen people stood in front of the house. As part of the plan we formulated earlier i quickly shift back into my human form and change into the shorts i brought with me. I start approaching the house slowly, and hear a few gasps coming from the rogues, so are also growling at me, i hold my hand up in a surrendering manner and come to a stop around ten feet from them. "We haven't come here to fight with you, i just want my son back" i say loudly and calmly. I hear a couple of insults like 'monster' and and some more unpleasant ones directed at myself, tension quickly starts rising so i attempt to keep everyone calm by continuing to speak. "I know what you've all heard about me, and i want you to know what your were told was false. The baby you have taken from my parents home belongs to me and my mate." I quickly look around the faces in front of me, and cant see anyone i recognize so I'm assuming Sarah is still inside. Some are looking confused at what I'm telling them, and others clearly don't believe me. I go to speak again when David steps forward in human form. "What he's telling you is the truth, Lindsey and i both spoke to him earlier and i believe with my whole heart hes not lying. Those that still doubt what we are saying think carefully to how Sarah has behaved towards the baby since she got him back. Have you ever seen her looking at him with love? Or holding him close like a mother would, when reunited with her son? The answer should be simple to you all, NO you haven't. Is this normal behaviour from a distraught 'mother'? We've all been lied too, but now we have a chance to make it right, please come peacefully and give this poor guy his son back" David finishes his speech looking at me, and i can see how sorry and remorseful he is from the look in his eyes. Looking back at the rogues i can see the truth finally settling in some of their heads and when one man drops to his knees in surrender, I'm happy when some others follow suit. "Those that don't want to fight please come forward and stand behind me" i inform them. Those that are on their knees rise and slowly walk towards me, others follow and once they are safely away from the house i look back and see only seven rogues in front of me. Knowing that the ones that are left behind are looking for a fight i shift into my wolf ready.

'Jayden we'll take care of these rogues, you find Ryder' my father informs me, i look over to my far right and nod, within seconds the wolves from our three packs move forward in unison. Once the remaining wolves are away from the door i quickly slip in unnoticed. I'm about to go upstairs where i can smell Ryder's scent when a large brown wolf slams into my side. I quickly get back up and face the wolf in front of me, hes growling and his hackles are raised. Even though hes large, as a future Alpha i still tower over him. He charges at me and i quickly sidestep arching my head back and snapping my mouth around his back leg. I hear the bone snap followed my a painful howl, quickly i let go and jump back. The brown wolf limps slightly turning back around to face me and charges me again, hes slower this time which allows me to take out his front paw. I'm about to attack him when some of the wolves from my pack enter the house. 'Colin take care of the brown wolf, the rest upstairs and find my grandson' my father commands. Wanting to reach Ryder first i sprint upstairs, there's several doors all identical and closed, i use my heightened senses until I'm stood outside the rooms hes in. Quickly shifting back to my human form not caring that I'm naked i open the door in front of me, not sure who and what to expect. My eyes immediately go to the bed and the girl sat on it holding my son, I'm so shocked at who I'm seeing that my brain cant function cutting off my ability to speak. She gives me a cruel smile before screeching "God Jayden, how did you find us? Why do you have to ruin EVERYTHING?" I find myself rooted to the spot still not understanding what my eyes are showing me.

Finally one word escapes my lips "Harmony"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment/vote/fan if you are enjoying the story so far, thank you all for your support x