Water

I'd always loved the beach.
Ever since I was a kid, it was as if something about it had called my name.
I loved swimming, I loved being in water in general, but at the beach, I loved basking in the waves, letting them wash over me, and sometimes carry me away from shore.
This time I found myself staring out at the waves, the Jamaican sunset darkening the sky, and watching the sky fade to black, pierced by stars as the waves lapped at my feet.
I took in a deep breath.
Peering back at the beach house, I saw the lights were off, the white curtains from the open sliding patio doors flapped in the wind.
Seeing no movement in the house, I stripped down bare and began making my way into the waves.
Just as I was waist deep, I heard a heavily accented voice say, "It's beautiful isn't it?"
Startled, I submerged myself in the water so they wouldn't see me naked.
Although who knows how long they'd already been standing there.
I turned towards the voice.
It was a tall man, with long locs that blew in the breeze. He wore a clean linen shirt and khaki colored linen pants. The moonlight illuminated his dark skin.
"Michael," I chuckled, "you scared me. What are you doing out here?"
"Well, I was just about to ask you the same thing."
"Just a little skinny dipping," I said, jokingly lifting a foot out of the water.
I saw him undress before following me into the water.
I swam out further, until the water was chest level. The water on him was waist level.
I stared at him, examining his toned body.
He grabbed me in his arms, placing a strong hand along the small of my back, tracing patterns there.
With a touch so gentle, he caressed my face before planting his thick lips on my own.
I pressed myself into him, falling into his embrace, moaning against his lips.
He kissed along my jaw, to my neck, planting light kisses, and sucks there.
"Does he touch you like that," Michael breathed against me.
His hand moved down across my ass to wrap around my thighs.
He hoisted them up around his waist as he kissed along my chest.
"Or like this," he questioned.
I let out a soft moan.
"Let's not talk about him," I panted, my eyes rolling back in ecstasy.
I kissed his shoulder as he made his way to my breasts. He kissed my nipple before taking it into his mouth, sucking and flicking his tongue against it at the same time, eliciting moans from my throat.
With his other hand, he caressed my other breast.
It was making me wetter by the moment, and he felt it with his body pressed so close.
"Just stick it in," I mumbled, reaching down between us and inserting him inside of me.
He groaned in pleasure, staring deep into my eyes as I used him for leverage to grind myself against him.
He locked his arms tight around my waist, lifting one of my legs over his arm, bouncing me rhythmically on his dick.
I bit my lip, so as not to moan so loudly that anyone from the house heard.
We locked gazes, panting hard as our bodies continued moving as one.
My arms loosened from around him as I leaned back in the water, my legs still wrapped around him.
I felt him pumping within me as I stared at the stars in the sky, letting out soft moans of ecstasy.
His hand slid up my body to around my throat, squeezing the sides. He knew I liked it rough.
He applied just enough pressure to make things pleasurable.
I pulled at my nipples.
In that moment, I didn't care that we were both married, our spouses merely meters away in the beach house.
We could be caught at anytime.
Anybody, especially them, could have come out and seen us.
Yet it didn't matter.
I felt his grip on my body tighten, signaling he was close to release.
"Mmm, are you gonna cum," I asked.
He nodded.
I felt myself tightening around him.
Raising myself up, I wrapped my arms around him, clinging to him as I felt him cum deep inside of me.
I came with him.
Through our wave of ecstasy, a figure in the distance caused my eyes to widen.
Before I could say anything...a loud pop rang out, as though a firecracker had been lit.
I felt a warm fluid against my shoulder.
Michael's body went limp against mine, and he collapsed backwards.
Blood began pooling around him.
The rest of the moment was a blur, as though time were moving slowly yet with rapid speed at the same time, but I could hear myself screaming in panic.
I glanced up at the figure I'd seen in the distance.
It was my husband.
Johnathan.
Michael's brother.
                                      ***
"Tammy!"
I jumped, snapping back to reality.
I found myself bouncing on the balance board, hovering above the water, but still not going in.
I saw the instructor looking at me with impatience in his eyes.
We always made it to this point.
I'd get on the board, I'd bounce, but I'd never get in.
I couldn't.
I'd loved water.
But my love for water was no more.
Climbing down from the balance board, I walked off the edge and back to my spot on the bench.
"It's okay baby," my boyfriend, Armon, smirked, rubbing my back.
He didn't know the real truth about why I hated water.
I hadn't told him about how my ex husband was serving time in prison for murdering my lover on a family trip.
It had been about 6 months now.
Michael had just moved back to Seattle when it happened.
Michael was used to affairs.
Before moving back, he'd had an affair with a young woman named Naomi back in Philadelphia.
Michael's wife claimed to be oblivious about his affairs, thinking he was away on extended business trips. He was an architect, and sometimes his contracts took longer than expected which is why he'd be gone for years at a time.
I feel that deep down, she knew.
When she found out what happened, she didn't look at me the same. She'd looked at me with so much venom, that I knew there would never be any reconciling between us.
After Michael's death, I'd found out I was pregnant, but shortly after lost the baby due to miscarriage.
It was around that time that I met Armon, and attempted to start my life anew.
My ex husband used to call collect until I blocked the number.
I didn't want Armon knowing about my dark secret.
So for now, water was just that, water.
And I didn't want to step foot in it again.