Chapter 32

When we arrived we got drove to my Grandparents mansion.

Memories came up as I walked through the massive halls of the mansion.

I remember my grandpa and my dad fighting in his office because my dad wanted to stay out of the mafia stuff.

Lana wrapped her arms around my waist as we both stood in the entrance.

„So this is your grandparents famous mansion?",she asked.

„Yes. Let me show you around.",I said as I took her hand.

She hissed as she took a step and stopped looking down at her legs.

I fucking hurt her. And she is still in pain.

„Fuck it. You are getting rest first.", I said and picked her up bridal style, carrying her into the bedroom we were going to stay at.

She resisted and tried to convince me that she is fine but I know she isn't.

„Blaine I want to see the mansion first. You wanted to show me around.",she whined as I let her down on the bed.

„We have plenty of time to do that. I promise I will after you get in some rest.",I said and sat down on her edge of the bed.

„I already slept in the plane.",she resisted again.

I laughed and put off my suit jacket and in the same moment my phone was ringing.

I took it out of my suit jacket and turned my phone to Lana to signal her that I need to take the call.

I went into my grandpas old office and answered.

„I heard you guys arrived", my dad said.

„Yes. I forgot to call sorry. I was busy with Lana. And talking of her. I got some information",I said and told him what Lana has told me.

„Juan? Uncle? He is the leader of the Spanish mafia",my dad said.

That makes everything even more complicated. It makes it harder for me and Lana to stay together if her uncle is also chasing us.

A war with two mafia's? That won't end well.

„Are you sure you want to do this Blaine?",my dad asked on the other line.

The answer is yes. It will always be. But I am afraid that I will lose her. Or she'll lose me.

That chance is more than high.

„Yes dad. I will fight until my last breath but I need you to do something for me. If something happens to me, you are in charge of her safety. When I am gone, she'll simply lose everything she has. Her family isn't also a big help. They won't be able to protect her from a mafia.",my voice was raspy and dark.

„Promise me you will do that",I added.

„Of course I will. But I also want you to be safe Blaine. I am not ready to lose a child in a mafia war. I will come to Italy and we will handle that together.",his voice was demanding and I knew I didn't had another chance bit accept it.

„Okay dad. Thank you",I said and soon we both hung up.

I know my dad is worried. He doesn't like what we are doing neither so he won't let me do it myself. I also need his support.

I am good in fighting and shooting but I haven't had much practice in getting ready for mafia war.

My dad made me take care of our drug business but no more than that.

I walked back in my and Lana's bedroom but she wasn't in the bed anymore.

I checked the bathroom and the closet but she was nowhere to be seen.

„Lana!?","I am on the balcony!",she called.

I completely forgot our room had a balcony. I stepped out and saw Lana leaning against the balcony and looking over the mountains and italian style houses.

I hugged her from behind and placed my head on her shoulder, snuggling into her neck.

„It is so beautiful. I could live here forever.",she said as she leaned her head on mine.

„I know. We can stay here as long as you want",I said and turned her around so she would face me.

„Lana. I love you. I love you more than you can imagine. But we are in really bad danger and I need you to be as careful as possible. Don't go anywhere without telling me. Be careful when you use your phone. We could be tracked. Always have a guard by your side.", I explained and her mouth turned from a smile to a thin line.

„Blaine what is going on? Tell me please. I can absolutely tell that something is off since the plane. Tell me babe",she said as she placed her hand on my cheek.

I will tell her. It is her right to know what is going on.

„You are wanted by the Russian mafia",I said and watched her face turn confused.

Her eyes teared up when I continued telling her what is going on and I took her in my arms.

„What kind of mafia war?",she asked as her shivering body slowly calm down.

„It is complicated because of your uncle. But it might be the worst one in a long time.",I explained.

„So you are going to that mafia war?",she asked as a tear ran down her face.

I kissed the tear away and hugged her. „Yes. I will and I also have to. There is no way around.".

She closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. I saw her struggling. She is trying to calm down but even the attempt to calm down made her break down.

She hugged me tightly as she cried in my arms. „I don't believe it. My dad was a normal man. Like everyone else".

I don't know what to tell her. Maybe it was wrong. Of course she wasn't going to believe me.

„I know it is hart to believe.",I am the worst person at comforting someone.

Her arms loosened their grip on me and she took a couple steps back. „What can I do? How can I help? If they want me, I can just go and you guys won't have any trouble".

„Don't ever say that again Lana. I'd rather die than giving you away. You are mine. Only mine",I hissed through gritted teeth.

She shrugged and her glossy eyes pierced through mine. She nodded slowly and walked in our bedroom.

I will solve this problem. I don't know how yet. I don't know a lot about mafia stuff. But I will learn to keep my wife safe.