Hard decisions.

近日 (Kinjitsu) — Soon

So after Yuzu's COC, we argued. Well, I think.

"Why did you do that?" I punched him in the arm. He sat in the car with me while someone folded his wheel chair. We just got out of the hospital for his check-up.

"Oww!" He yelped, massaging his arm. "Do what?" Yuzuru frowned at me and took his iPod out.

I grabbed it and kept it in my bag, which made Yuzuru groan.

"Why did you still compete?"

After my statement, his face softened, but there was a hint of uneasiness. He didn't try to get the gadget back, but instead he leaned his back and looked ahead.

"You know I had to do that." Yuzu answered.

"You were severely injured, sir," I emphasized the sir, "Your health is a lot more important than those medals,"

"Oh my god," He said. It's like his favorite phrase. "It wasn't for the medals!" Yuzuru exclaimed and looked at me with a horrified expression. Our car driver looked at us in the mirror for a second. He really knows how to get everyone's attention.

I returned the same gaze to him. Who wouldn't be shocked when you get yelled by Yuzuru Hanyu? I merely stared at him dead in the eye, waiting for him to say something first.

"It was.." He then trailed off. No, wait. He did say something, but it was inaudible. I had to consume time to think about it, but I couldn't make it out.

"What?" was all I answered. I rose a brow, but he looked away and shook his head.

"Nevermind."

It's always been unfair, you know. Whenever I ask him something, he'd say "nevermind" and I wouldn't ask again. Most of the time. But when he asks me something.. I'll have to answer him no matter what.

"What." I grunted and rolled my eyes. "Look at you. Stapled head and stitched chin? And still competed? You are insane."

"I /am/ insane." Yuzuru answered. The car moved.

"Are you going to give me back my iPod now?" He added.

"No," I said swiftly, giving him eyes pierced with irritation. "Unless you tell me why you almost killed yourself."

"You're over-reacting, Aren-chan,"

"I'm not! You had like, five falls? I can't believe you! You almost hit your head in this one fall if you didn't manage to use your arm."

"I managed to, okay. Everything's in the past. I got second place, my wounds are almost healing, so I'm continuing my practices soon again."

His words irked me more. He speaks like nothing major happened to him.

I started. "I don't care if you get second or even first place. Did you know how much I cried when you had the collision? I was so worried for goodness sake, Yuzuru Hanyu!"

Yuzu looked at me with widened eyes. "Oh, really? That explains why you didn't even bother to check me backstage, Arenella Robins!"

I was speechless. He.. was expecting me? I pressed my lips together as I tried to think of an answer. I didn't know he was expecting me.

"I.. forgot my pass in our room."

"What a great reason." Yuzuru rolled his eyes and turned away.