Chapter 6

I will admit, a little excited to start in a new place where I won't be threatened or kidnapped.

Alaric stood up and waved for me to follow him. Papers in his hand, we walked out of his office and to the one right next to him.

This is the headmistress one.

He knocked on the door and waited til we heard a very chipper "come in".

We walked inside, Alaric going before me, and was met with a blonde haired woman. I recognized her from the diner.

"Caroline I want you to meet our newest addition to the school, Aspen Smith."

Caroline was a very pretty person. She had blue eyes and the blondest hair. She looked like a very loving person. She also reminded me of Lizzie a little bit.

She got up from her desk with a bright smile and walked over to us.

"I'm Caroline Forbes, but please call me Ms. Forbes. I am the headmistress here." She told me with a friendly attitude and shook my hand.

"It's lovely to meet you Ms. Forbes." I said politely with a smile.

"You look so familiar, have we met before?" Caroline asked me.

That's when I remembered, how could I forget!?

My mother was friends with a lot of people here. I was the perfect combination of my father and her. I am screwed if somebody recognizes me.

"I don't believe I have Ms. Forbes. This is my first time in Mystic Falls." I responded to her, quickly and calmly.

"Are you positive? You just seem so familiar"

"Actually Care, she was the girl I was talking to in New York, the one who saved Lizzie." Alaric swooped in and saved me, unknowingly. I was thankful he did anyways.

"Oh my goodness, now I remember, thank you for that soooo much. I would have died if something happened to her." Caroline came and hugged me. Not just a regular hug but a motherly hug and I couldn't help but melt into it. It's been so long since I've had a proper hug and this one was affecting me so much. I'm pretty sure she noticed because she squeezed me just a little harder.

We separated from the hug and she smiled.

Then her phone started to ring.

"Oh, you'll have to excuse me. It's a friend I have been trying to get in touch with. She's traveling. It was lovely meeting you Aspen. I'll see you around the school." She gave me another smile, walking towards her desk with her phone in hand.

Alaric and I walked out of her office, him closing the door softly, trying to not interrupt her phone call.

You could hear her giggling from outside the doors.

"I know I'm not crazy when I say she could be related to Lizzie? Right?" I spoke out my thoughts, turning to the father of the kid. Waiting for him to answer.

"I'm surprised you weren't snooping around her office like you were mine. You would have seen the pictures of Lizzie there." He told me, smiling and walking to the other doors.

"I wasn't snooping." I mumbled, walking after him.

"Yeah you were, you were opening cabinet doors. But yes she is her mother, just not biologically." He told me as he was knocking on the door.

I was going to respond but the doors opened up.

I couldn't see much because Alaric decided to put his big body in front of me. I side stepped him and came face to face with a boy?