0.29| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐮𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬

"yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really — hey!" Katherine O'Ryan reached over and changed the station, the morning news abruptly replacing the sound of the spice girls on the radio of their cramped family car

"hey I was enjoying that!" Teagan huffed, slumping down against the backseat of the car. The wee girl Glaring daggers at her Ma in the drivers seat and her Da, who was still whistling the tune and looking out the passenger side window as they drove past a row of shops.

"Exactly," her mum scolded, glaring right back at her through the rear-view mirror. "If you're going to bunk off school I'll guarantee you're miserable here too" Never mind the fact that she was actually on her way back to school, only missing the first hour.

Teagan rolled her eyes and groaned, throwing her head back against the head rest, but wincing when it smacked too hard. how could her mum interrupt the spice girls, it was practically a war crime. Not to mention She'd already had this argument at least twenty times over the last week or so.

" Am not bunking off Mammy! The doctor said the appointment was urgent!" She objected, "you know, for this!" Teagan jabbed her right arm, in all its broken glory, in-between the two front seats.  
Which until that morning hadn't had been encased in the sickly yellow plaster cast.

Ever since she punched that boy, nearly two weeks ago, at friends across the barricades, Teagan had been in agony with her hand. The first night it swelled up to the size of a inflatable armband. Teagan thought for sure it was going to pop. Yet, her Mum didn't believe that it was truly broken. Her Dad, who claimed he attended a first aid class when he was a teenager, examined it and concluded it was a simple sprain.

The pain wouldn't relent, and for a whole week Teagan survived off of paracetamol, and ibuprofen dangerously mixing the two every few hours. James had to write out some of her homework assignments for her, and when he was busy she just cheated on the rest of them.
Despite complaining about her arm, day and night, her Mum still didn't believe her.

    The only reason her parents had actually took her to the hospital this morning was because the previous night Teagan and Orla had gotten a bit too enthusiastic when going about their annual abba karaoke session, instead of finishing off their act with their usual bow, Orla instead pulled Teagan off the stage — the Quinn's settee — by griping onto her hand.

   Orla truly hadn't meant to hurt her and was deeply apologetic as Teagan wailed and flailed about on the carpet until The whole Quinn clan came running in. Mary Quinn immediately ran for a bag of frozen peas, and Granda joe asked her why she was jumping of settees in her state. Only Gerry, it seemed, had the sense to ask if she was okay. Only receiving a sob of "noooo" as a  response from the girl.

    Gerry had rushed her home in his car, Mary's frozen peas sellotaped to her wrist, not really helping with the pain. Mary helped Teagan out of the car and up to the front door of the pub, walking with her up to the bar where her Dad stood doing a crossword. One look at Teagan's face stained with tears and fresh ones still protruding for her glassy eyes, he called for his wife and practically ran over to Teagan.