0.2| " 𝐀 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐲?"

꧁ 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ꧂

𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 that Jenny sang was like the equivalent of metal scraping against metal for Teagan, no one in the assembly seemed to be enjoying it either except from Orla, who was waving her light in the air enthusiastically

"Please, Big J make it stop" Teagan whispered. She'd never really bought into the whole religion thing that they taught at school but she didn't 'not' believe in it either. She was just open-minded, however, if praying meant no longer listening to, Jenny Joyce butchering one of her favourite songs, Teagan would pray to anyone.

"I only came to school to find out what country the trips to. Not to get my eardrums ripped out!" Teagan whispered to the person standing next to her, James.
He agreed with her and they shared a secret smile.
Michelle had noticed that they were getting a bit too close over the last couple of weeks and, had told them both how much the thought of them would make her boke.
Teagan denied the accusations until she was blue in the face from embarrassment, poor James, was so embarrassed that he couldn't even get a sentence out.

The off-key tune of Jenny's voice finally brought Teagan out of her James centric daydream. Teagan knew what was about to come next, Jenny's attempt at a high note was deafening and something you didn't want to ever have to hear.
Teagan covered her ears in preparation but James as always was obvious to what was about to happen to him. As quick as she could, Teagan stood on her tippy toes in order to reach for James's ears and to cover them for him. Sure, she could've just told him to do it himself, but she wouldn't have been able to hold his face then would she.

"Quick! Cover my ears, James" she whispered only to him. He did as he was told and leaned down to cover her ears.
Teagan hoped to god that he didn't feel the goosebumps on her skin from his touch.

Teagan winced in anticipation "Cause on my love you can depend..." Jenny screeched the last words of the song.
Once she was sure that Jenny had finished, Teagan reluctantly let go of the side of James's face he, however, didn't let go of hers. Not that she was complaining.

The two of them were stuck in their own little world and weren't even paying attention to a single word that sister Micheal was saying. Teagan moved to stand dangerously close to James and he made an effort on his side to move a bit closer towards her as well.
But not close enough that Michelle would be able to notice. Both of their hands were at their sides and Teagan resisted the urge to nervously pull at her fingers.
It was one of her many nervous habits that she couldn't help.

"Come on, come on, come on to fuck!" Michelle chanted next to the two of them.

"A notice from Mr. Macaulay" sister Michele's voice announced.
Michelle perked up and hit blindly at Teagan's shoulder "this is us!" She whispered, staring straight ahead.

"This year's destination for the euro trotters trio will be, dramatic pause...."
Sister Micheal trailed off and you could've heard a pin drop, everyone was that quiet from anticipation.