Chapter 20

°•°Innocent and delicate

I'm tired of pretending

I'm done, what are you up to?

Where are you? Did you eat? Goodnight

Baby, darling, honey, I miss you 

but it's all useless•°•

••••••••••••••••

Lia’s Pov.

"I need a drink" I mumbled to myself and dragged hazel with me to the bar. I helped hazel to sit on the bar stool and made myself comfortable to. 

Asking the bartender to get me champagne I started talking to hazel. A while later my eyes dived towards the whole hall searching for one person but I cannot. 

Shaking my head I took a sip from my glass and looked at the liquid swirling in the glass. It burned down my throat. 

I looked at hazel whose eyes were wandering around the palace as if she could see it. Her innocent eyes always sung my heart. Even after being rich I couldn’t help her because of certain reasons and it makes me want to smash my head against the wall.

 I sighed trying to forget these things and get them out of my head

While we were busy a waiter came and stood in front of us. I looked at him weirdly while hazel was confused.

The waiter bowed and spoke “Miss Lia I have got a message for you.” He spoke and waited for me to gesture him. I nodded and taking it as a sign he continued

 “Mr. Linton has been searching for you. He said he wanted to talk about something really important to you”.i nodded in understanding. Mr. Linton was one of the really important clients of dad. 

The waiter left after his work was done. All the while hazel heard everything. I bit my lip in nervousness. I didn’t want to leave hazel alone but this was important.  Father has trusted me with business and I couldn’t just let it slide.

“Hazel I –

Before I could complete my sentence hazel spoke

“I know lia it’s important for you to go. You can leave. I’ll be fine here” I sighed in relief and spoke “okay but promise me you won’t leave from here until I tell you to.” I spoke sternly to which hazel nodded.

I then reminded her of the things she has in her clutch and then left.

I went towards the direction where the waiter had told me to find Mr. Linton. I looked around biting my lip as the place felt like an empty corridor to her. 

I frowned thinking it might be prank pulled up by someone. 

Shaking my head I  was about to make my way out of the place when I felt my wrist was taken in a harsh grip taking me off guard I struggled when I felt myself being pulled somewhere forcefully.

 And the next second I was slammed on the closed door. The force made me cry in pain as I winced and closed my eyes to get over the pain. 

A shaky breath escaped my lips as I opened my eyes only to find a dark silhouette hovering me while my wrist were on each side of my head in a harsh grip. Only one name came in my mind