chapt three

When Severus awoke the next morning – or so he figured it was morning, he saw Remus, now clothes, sitting next to him and letting him rest his head on his shoulder. Severus yawned and sat up, rubbing his eyes. "What time is it?" He asked without thinking.

"I changed back about two hours ago… so 8am? That's a guess however… I might have dozed." Remus answered.

"I see…"

"I'm glad to see you're alive." Remus smiled faintly.

"As am I…" Severus said awkwardly, biting the inside of his cheek as he tried to think of what to say.

He opened his mouth to speak but was relieved to find he didn't need to start conversation when Kingsley appeared in front of the cell, smiling. "Glad to see you're both alive." He said, pulling his wand out and opening the cell. "Quickly now." He ushered them. Remus stood up and walked out, followed by Severus who stood up and placed his hand on his neck to hide the bite mark, but his eyebrow quirked when he didn't feel the mark. He shrugged it off and followed Remus and Kingsley out of the dungeons – glad to know that Lucius was arrested along with Nott and Crabbe. Aurors were walking around the manor, checking each room for any other Death Eaters or prisoners.

Kingsley led them outside and placed one hand on each of their shoulders, disappearing in a crack of apparition. They reappeared outside of Grimmauld, the house appearing. The three walked in and was awarded by a smiling Albus. "I'm glad to see you two are okay and… alive."

Severus raised his eyebrow, he knew Albus knew – there wasn't much the old berk didn't know. "Yes, sir." Remus responded.

"I'm sure you two are quite tired, the other members are out for the day. Take the two rooms on the third floor at the end of the hall." Albus told them, nodding. "If you need anything, I'm sure you could find it in this room, however if there is something missing, feel free to firecall me."

"Thank you, sir." Remus nodded, walking up the stairs and Kingsley walking out of the house.

Severus stood in the spot, frozen as Albus stared at him, a smile planted on his face and his eyes twinkling madly. He didn't know what to say, though he felt the need to say something. He gulped and quickly walked past him and up the stairs to the third floor. He headed down to the last door, opening it and widening his eyes when he saw Remus with his shirt off and unfolding another. Remus turned to look at him and gave a smile. "Sorry, Severus, would you prefer this room?"

Severus stared in silence at Remus' chest, turning beet red. "Wh—No." He quickly said, stepping out of the room and closing the door. His eye twitched in annoyance as his face cooled down.

He quickly went to the next room and opened the door, slamming it shut in anger. He rubbed his neck where he was bit and figured he probably should read as much as he could about this whole marking business. He pulled off his black cloak and casted a cleansing charm wandlessly, lying down on the bed and climbing under the covers, closing his eyes and attempting to get some sleep.

He was awoken when it was night, almost pitch black in the room as he had the shades closed, his eyebrow rising when the door was snapped shut. He turned his head and stared at the amber eyes as they shone in the dark, stepping closer to the bed. He sat up and opened his mouth demand to know why Remus entered without permission, and why he was visiting late at night. But nothing came out, he tried to talk, but his vocals weren't cooperating, and before he knew it, Remus had climbed in the bed and pinned Severus down, growling loudly. Severus began to hyperventilate as Remus shredded his clothes off, flipping him over onto his stomach and biting at his neck. Severus opened his mouth to shout but still nothing came out. A shot of pain and fear ran through him before he awoke once again, this time drenched in sweat – it was still dark outside, but he was alone, and it was only a nightmare.

He lay back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He brought his hand up to neck and found where he was bitten had heated up. He gulped and jumped when he heard the door open and Remus poking his head in. "Are you alright, Severus?"

"I—I'm fine…" Severus flushed.

"A nightmare, I take it?" He asked, smiling. "I hope you can get back to sleep." He muttered before walking out and closing the door.

Severus widened his eyes. 'He knows…' he thought, growling. He decided tomorrow he would need to confront Remus with what exactly was going to happen to him and this whole marking thing, and why every time he saw him now he would turn beet red. He closed his eyes and took a few calming breathes, willing himself to sleep.

The next morning, Severus headed down for breakfast, after a shower and changing into some clothes – which were stuffed into drawers, and enough clothing to last weeks, which made Severus think Albus planned to keep him at Grimmauld for quite a while – he took a seat at an empty table and grabbed hold of the daily prophet, scanning through it and chuckling when he saw Lucius' mugshot on a page – git deserved it he figured. His eyes wandered up when Remus walked past him and grabbed a plate, filling it up with food that he figured Molly had made before she disappeared with everyone.

"Albus left earlier… turns out you and I will be staying here, and only us, except on nights of order meetings, and Molly has agreed to make us breakfast each morning and drop it off by floo." Remus explained.

"Hm." Severus hummed, scanning the pages again.

"Get back to sleep last night?" Remus asked.

"Wouldn't you know…"

Remus quirked his eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"I demand you tell me everything you know about marking…"

Remus sighed. "I've told you almost everything…"

"Almost? I demand everything."

"Very well… the wolf seeing you as its' mate… makes me feel a bit attracted to you. I have the urge to… kiss and hug you, and cling. Though I'm controlling myself."

Severus' nose scrunched up. "What does it entail for me?"

"Dreams... At first they're nightmares… or seem like they are. Possibly deal with rape, until you mentally accept that you're bonded to a werewolf, and then the dreams just turn purely sexual."

"Great…"

"You'll also feel attracted to me, even stronger than I to you. You'll try to please me… by this I mean doing whatever you see makes me happy, say something like making me breakfast in bed, or something of the sort." Remus explained.

"I've become your wife…"

"No. I—I would never look at you like that, Severus."

Severus sighed. "Anything else?"

"Yes… of every case that a werewolf has marked someone, whether by force or consensual, they've always ended up getting married and falling in love."

Severus scoffed. "No." He said dryly, standing up and walking out.