chapt five

Severus' back hit the door and he groaned though Remus wasn't listening at all as he continued his assault on his neck, they had managed to make it up the stairs without Severus falling down after being practically shoved to walk backwards. The door opened and Severus stumbled backwards stopping just at the bed though he was pushed the rest of the way so his back hit the bed by Remus who was smirking devilishly, letting his rust eyes run down Severus' body. "Remus?" Severus attempted to say, though Remus didn't respond, instead he pulled his shirt over his head and pounced, maneuvering Severus up the bed and getting between his legs. Severus widened his eyes. "Remus!" He hissed, though was once again ignored as Remus grabbed his hands and pinned them above his head, nipping at his neck. Severus growled. "Lupin!" He bellowed loudly, thrashing his body a bit.

Finally Remus snapped a bit out of it, leaning up and growling, his eyes narrowed. "What?" He asked in a deeper voice than normal.

Severus stared, trying to keep himself from hyperventilating. "Get off me…"

Remus' eyes went back to their normal brown and he frowned. "Severus… I—"

"Get off."

"Right…" Remus moved. "I'm sorry, I los—"

Severus growled, he would hear none of it. "Stay away from me, Lupin." He hissed, standing up and walking out of the room to go to his.

Remus let out a sigh and laid back on his bed, resting his hands under his head and staring at the ceiling as he became lost in his thoughts. The wolf wanted out, not permanently of course, just to end this game between him and his bonded – a game which Severus was not going to end any time soon Remus figured. He let out a sigh once again and closed his eyes for some sleep before dinner and the order meeting that was to happen that night.

After a good three or four hours of sleep Remus awoke completely energized and ready to take on the world. He stood from his bed and headed downstairs, smiling and nodding to everyone in the order and receiving… sadden looks. His brows furrowed in curiosity as he finally reached the kitchens, he was greeted with the presence of not only Dumbledore but the minister of Magic, Fudge. Remus narrowed his eyes but gave a polite smile. "Hello." He greeted.

"Hello, ah, Remus, yes?" Fudge asked, smiling. "Yes, I'm here to speak with you."

"Technically you're here to speak to both him and Severus…" Albus corrected.

"… Yes." Fudge responded.

"Severus… probably isn't up for company right now." Remus frowned.

"Oh, well I can just tell you and you can explain it to him afterwards." Fudge said, looking a bit relieved.

"This is about the bonding, right?" Remus asked as he took a seat.

"Yes, yes it is. Our records show that on the night of the 18th you and Professor Snape were both… bonded, as a married couple. You do understand the seriousness of this correct? You being a… ah, dark creature…" He paled. "If it is found that you forced Professor Snape in any way you will be ki—"

"Yes, I know. I assure you I did not force him." Remus almost growled.

"I see… well, here." Fudge pulled a scroll from his robes, handing it over.

"What is this?" Remus asked.

"It's your contract, which is to be signed when both of you consummate the marriage, after that you send the roll to the Ministry and all charges will be cleared."

"Charges?"

"Yes, the charges of a dark creature as you forcing a Wizard into marriage for the benefits." Fudge raised his eyebrow.

Remus narrowed his eyes. "Of course."

"I'll be going now. Have a nice day. Have that turned in by the end of the week." Fudge nodded, walking out of the office.

"Th-what? The end of the week?" Remus stammered.

"My boy…" Albus began.

"Albus, that's… that's in three days."

Albus sighed. "I'm sure if you and Severus—"

"No, you don't see it? Severus hates me. He'll never agree to let me…" Remus paled. "I don't even know if he's gay! And if he isn't, that just makes matters worse because I am. He won't care that if we don't do this, I'll be killed!"

"You have little faith in Severus."

"On this matter I do." Remus agreed, letting out a sigh.

"Now, now, I'm sure you two will figure something out. I'm going to take the rest of the order out of here; next week will be our meeting." Albus said as he patted Remus' shoulder before walking out.

Remus summoned a glass and a bottle of firewhiskey, pouring himself a pinch and sipping at it slowly, closing his eyes and enjoying the burning feeling in his throat. When he reopened his eyes, Severus walked past him and began making himself some food. Remus watched him work in silence, and after he finished cooking, he poured the food on the plate and sat it down in front of Remus before turning back to make more food, though as he gathered the ingredients Remus noticed how he froze and his body stiffed, coming to the realization that he had just served Remus dinner.

"Seve—" Remus began but was interrupted by Severus grabbing the plate in front of him and throwing it into the trash can. Remus sighed. "Severus, listen, we need to discuss something."

"What?" Severus barked, turning back to making his dinner.

"Fudge was here today…" Remus sat the parchment contract on the table. "We have… they got a marriage certificate for us." He said, and Severus stopped chopping up ingredients. "Severus… we have to consummate the marriage, if we don't—"

"No."

"Severus…"

"No!"

"Severus! I will be killed if we don't!"

Things fell silent for longer than Remus would've liked. The silence was broken by Remus letting out a sigh and resting his face in his hands. "Severus…" He mumbled. "I know you don't like me… possibly even hate me… but we had to do what we had to do in order to survive that night. I couldn't live knowing I killed you, and if I had, you would've been dead, life over…" He let out a sigh once again. "Sever—"

"Shut up." Severus hissed.

Remus frowned. "I'm sor—"

"When do we have too…" He trailed off.

"By the end of this week…"

Severus stiffened. "Then tonight… only once."

Remus glanced up from his hands. "I- of course. Only once. Severus, thank—"

"Shut up!" Severus hissed loudly, turning on his heel and walking out of the kitchen.