Chapter 5

"yeah yeah ok ok so what is it that you need?" Tails said recovering from shock a bit "i- accidentally broke my leg" "wait what?!"
~
"Oh sonic what happened!" "I was just running and i tripped over a tree root" i cant tell him i lost my chill and did a sonic boom in a forest, that would be dumb. "I guess that does explain all the bruises?" Tails said with a rubbing his chin thinking "well it doesn't matter, lets just get you bandaged up!"

Tails took out all the supplies placing each one on the couch beside him, he got some cleaning alcohol and put it on a cotton swab and gently starts rubbing it on the scrapes on sonics cheek "ow, tails!" "Sonic hold still!" Shadow sat on the single couch closest to sonic and snicker a bit at the so called 'hero' "stop making fun of me!" Sonic hisses again as tails continues to clean sonics scrapes.

Tails put the swab down "sonic give me your foot" sonic obeys and sets his injured foot on the couch as tails starts to wrap up sonics leg it only takes a few minutes for sonic to now have a cast on, but sonic immediately doesnt like it 'shadow said I'd have to wait a long time i just realized how serious this actually is what if eggman attacks while im like this i wont be able to do anything' sonic lets out a small sigh from his nose, as he looks down at his new cast looking a bit sad "sonic its gonna be alright, your leg will heal eventually" tails said noticing that his brother seems sad tails sat up packing his things up ready to leave "well i should be heading back it will be dark soon, hey sonic do you want to come with me?" "Nah im thinking I'll stay here if i go back to the house amy will be all over me" just the thought about it make sonic shiver.

"Okay then, just call if you need anything" "we will" shadow said getting up showing tails to the door "bye sonic, bye shadow" tails said waving bye, as shadow shut the door then locking it then sitting on the couch next to sonic. 'Wow this is awkward' sonic couldn't help to think that. 'Might as well start a conversation'

Once shadow got comfortable on the couch he started with some small talk with shadow but after a while he couldnt stop talking he talked about what had been happening while he was gone and the many times he defeated eggman but shadow just lisened to sonic as he spoke interested in what he said and started to talk a bit about himself but nothing too personal shadow was even starting to enjoy the blue one's company 'maybe he isn't as bad as i thought he was still a little annoying though but still'

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Shadow asked, grabbing the remote off the coffee table going through the channels "ooh go back that one looks good!" Sonic said pointing at the tv as shadow goes back to the channel sonic was talking about "this one?" Shadow asked "yup that one i love this one!" Sonic said wagging his tail unconsciously. Shadow smiled a bit seeing the hedgehog so happy he turned up the volume a bit.

A few minutes into the movie Shadow started to get interested in the show, it wasnt actually that bad it was pretty good he thought it would be childish but it was more serious and less of a kid show than it was supposed

Shadow looks to the side a bit to get a glimpse of the azure hedgehog next to him he still had his feet on the coach his bright green emerald eyes glistening beautifully and he couldn't help but notice "shadow?" Sonic asked as he noticed shadows staring breaking him out of his thoughts  "what are you looking at" sonic said trying to look angry as a small blush crosses his face "nothing" shadow said looking back to the tv 'was i really staring?' Shadow thought about his actions 'i really was staring wasn't i, why was i even looking in the first place' his eyes 'his eyes? Yeah they are pretty but theres isn't anything that special about it there isnt anything special about him

With blue quills and beautiful green eyes he's..lovely'- what no he isnt why would i- "shadow??" "Huh" shadow said as the blue hedgehog broke him out if his thoughts once again "are you ok?, you've been staring intensely"  the azure hedgehog questioned, the ebony then noticed that the movie is now playing ending credits 'shit had i been doing that the whole time i was only 20 minutes through the movie and now the ending credits are playing' unconsciously shadow let out a small growl then picked up his phone that sat on the coffee table

He looked at it '1:36' is what the time showed he sat up from the couch and went upstairs leaving a confused hedgehog just sitting there watching as the annoyed hedgehog went up the stairs, shadow came back down a few minutes later holding one grey colored blanket walking towards sonic "here take it" shadow said offering the blanket to sonic "thank you" sonic said taking the blanket feeling how soft the blanket was and almost immediately unfolds it covering his whole body with the blanket leaving only his half of his head covered and his nose poking out 'cute' "im going to bed just yell if you need anything" and with that shadow walked off heading towards the stairs "goodnight shadow!" Sonic said happily as he got more comfy on the couch nuzzling the blanket "night, faker" shadow said smirking a bit heading to his room getting ready for bed.