Chapter 19

"Do you fucking mind?" Haze snapped as Nico knocked another game piece back to the starting point.

"Even though it's the name of the game, I won't say it," Nico said, slamming down his beer on the coaster after an aggressive swallow. "I'm winning. Just one piece to get home."

"How old are you guys?" Henrietta questioned from the couch she was lounging on. She was on her stomach, a book splayed out in front of her.

"I think Nico's a cheater, " Haze said back.

"You can't cheat at Sorry, asshole," Nico said back.

"You can put the cards in a certain order," Henrietta added. "Did you shuffle, Nico?"

"You're teaming up on me," Nico whined. "I thought we were on vacation."

Henrietta laughed, going back to reading.

Haze had found a nice cabin to rent for the starting weekend of her week long break. It was small and quaint, nestled up in some mountains. It was freezing out, but there was a nice fire going, and there was a hot tub.

It was their first night. It was nice to be away from the hustle of everything.

She also didn't realize how goofy and competitive her two men could be. She enjoyed watching them more than reading her book.

Nico snatched her book from under her.

"He fucked her nice and s-" he gave a dramatic gasp. "I had no idea you were into this kind of stuff."

"Nico," Henrietta said, feeling a hot flush run up her neck. She reached for her book, but he stood up.

Haze peered over Nico's shoulder before giving him a shove. "It says nothing like that on there, jerk. You embarrassed her."

Nico laughed, finally handing it back to Henrietta who pouted.

Nico gave her a kiss, lifting her up and laying underneath her. Henrietta followed his lips, cupping his cheeks with her hands.

She pulled back to breathe, and he continued to trail kisses down her neck. It tickled her and she giggled.

"Aww, aren't you the cutest," Haze cooed to her, taking a seat on the other end of the couch.

"I love you," Henrietta said softly, her voice just a flutter over the crackling fire. She didn't direct it to one over the other, she couldn't. She loved them equally, completely.

She glanced at Nico who looked taken aback. He was looking at Haze, but he turned to smile sweetly at her.

He pulled her back down so he could give her another kiss.

"I love you," he said back sincerely, bumping his nose with hers. "You are our everything, Henny."

He released her, and she moved down to Haze, tucking into his side. He wrapped his arm around her.

"I love you," Haze repeated, pressing his lips to her forehead. "We are so proud of how you've dealt with everything, and I know you're going to finish your last semester strong."

"Yeah, you're going to kick ass," Nico cheered, stretching his legs out and letting one hang off the couch.

She didn't think they realized how much that had meant to her. With them, she felt strong, like she could overcome anything. They made her feel like she had conquered the world.

She tucked her face back into Haze's side to hide the emotion she felt rising. She was sure he noticed, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he covered her with a blanket and ran his hand along the length of her back in a gentle, soothing manner.

She gave a content sigh. She was exactly where she was meant to be.