𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲 𝐎𝐥' 𝐌𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐞

𝐆𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 and ruffled LeFou's hair

𝐆𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 and ruffled LeFou's hair. "Oh, LeFou, you're the best. How is it no girl
has snatched you up yet?"

"I've been told I'm clingy, but I really don't get it." LeFou shrugged before turning toward Celine. "So what do you think?"

"What do I think? I think you're one of the most conceited people I've ever met." Celine poked Gaston in the chest; however, her expression softened. "But I might have been wrong to judge you so quickly... I've had a good time—"

She was interrupted as Maurice threw open the door. A flurry of snow entered the room behind him. Tom and Dick rushed to close the door, but struggled for a moment.

Maurice frantically looked around and pleaded, "Help! Someone help me!"

Celine's eyes widened. "Maurice?"

She pushed her way past Gaston and quickly wrapped her cloak around the elderly man's shoulders in an attempt to warm him.

"Please! Please, I need your help!" Maurice continued to plead, "He's got her. He's got her locked in the dungeon."

"Who?" Tom questioned.

"Belle," Maurice clarified, "We must go now, not a minute to lose!"

Gaston took Maurice by the shoulders. "Whoa! Slow down, Maurice. Who's got Belle locked in a dungeon?"

"A beast!" Maurice exclaimed. "A horrible, monstrous beast!"

The room erupted in laughter. Celine looked at him with sympathy before looking out at the storm visible through the windows of the tavern.

Maurice frowned. "My daughter's life is in danger. Why do you laugh? It's not a joke. His castle is hidden in the woods."

His insistence only surmounted in more laughter. "Crazy old Maurice!"

"Listen to me!" Maurice demanded desperately. "The beast is real. Do you understand? Will no one help me?"

Gaston looked around the room, noticing the stares and laughter as no one aside from Celine seriously considered Maurice's request. Realizing that he'd been given an opportunity, Gaston offered his own services. "I'll help, Maurice."

"What?" LeFou asked in confusion.

"You will?" Celine looked at him skeptically as if the action had been so out of character.

Gaston gathered the attention of everyone in the room. "Everybody stop making fun of this man at once."

Maurice sighed with relief. "Captain, thank you."

"Don't thank me, Maurice." Gaston shook his head. "Lead us to the beast."

Maurice nodded his head and took the lead. Celine grabbed Gaston's hand before he left. He turned his head and noticed that she was actually smiling at him.

"Thank you."

"Of course," Gaston puffed out his chest, "Who am I to turn away a poor soul asking for help?"

A fresh sense of determination crossed her face. "Now let's get Belle."

"Woah, woah, woah," Gaston shook his head and held out his hands to stop her. "It's far too dangerous for a fair dame like yourself to be marching out in the woods, especially since it looks like the winter winds have finally arrived."

"I can help—"

"I'm sure you can," he didn't disagree, "but it would be irresponsible of me to let you join us."

"I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions," she snapped. Whatever peace between them was temporary and LeFou could see that it was vanishing with each passing second.

"I think we should be going," LeFou said loudly before leaning closer to whisper, "the father of the girl of your dreams is walking out that door."

The hunter nodded his head in agreement and offered an apology with a shrug, but Celine easily saw through it. She'd been so distracted by his charisma earlier that she'd forgotten about his male-chauvinist beliefs. She had almost been convinced that he had changed, but she should've seen earlier that it had always been about Belle.

Gaston and LeFou left the tavern, following Maurice who led them in the direction of the woods. Celine's hands clenched into tight fists and she could only stand the sounds and smells of the tavern a moment longer before she stormed out of the building.

She was more capable than anyone gave her credit for, and she was determined to prove that if it was the last thing she did. Even if she would be wandering through the dark forest on her own, she was going to bring Belle home.