𝐗𝐈. 𝐁𝐞 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐆𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭

𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 how much time had passed, but she hadn't dared to move from the bed

𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 how much time had passed, but she hadn't dared to move from the bed. She'd agreed to dine with the beast, not put on a show for him. She had no intention of changing anything about herself for his pleasure.

There was a knock on the door and she rose to answer it, half-expecting it to be the bossy clock ready once more to push her around. However, an intricately designed cart rolled into the room with a quaint but elegant tea set.

"I thought you might like a spot of tea while you wait for the meal, dear," the teapot offered with a warm smile.

Startled, Celine lost her balance and fell back against the bed. She muttered under her breath, "Is everything alive here?"

"Not everything," the teapot answered gently. She then began to pour Celine a cup of tea. As if carrying on an entirely normal conversation, the teapot elected to introduce herself, "I'm Mrs. Potts, dear, pleased to meet your acquaintance."

"This has to be impossible," Celine cautiously eyed the teapot.

She almost fell when her wardrobe moved and leaned up against the bed beside her. "I know, but here we are!"

Celine slowly picked up the small teacup and lifted it up to her mouth, but stopped as it spoke to her. "Hey! You're not the same girl as before."

"I'm suddenly not thirsty," Celine mumbled under her breath, setting the teacup down on the bed beside her.

"Wanna see me do a trick?" the little teacup asked, but didn't give her the option of answering. He took a deep breath then puffed out his cheeks and blew several bubbles into the tea itself.

"Chip!" Mrs. Potts admonished her son.

"Oh, no, I don't mind," Celine quickly replied and Chip beamed a bit brighter.

Slowly, Mrs. Potts changed the topic of conversation. "That was a very brave thing you did, my dear."

"We all think so," the wardrobe agreed.

Celine shrugged. "She would've done the same for me... I couldn't just let her waste her dreams. Besides, it's not like my night can get much worse, right?"

Mrs. Potts offered her a look of sympathy. "Cheer up, child. It'll turn out all right in the end. You'll see." She paused as if recalling the time. "Ooh, listen to me... jabbering on while there's supper to get on the table. Chip!"

Chip quickly hopped onto the cart but made sure to offer a parting before they left the room entirely. "Bye!"

Celine offered a gentle parting wave before she stood from the bed. The wardrobe followed suit and approached her once more.

"Well now, what shall we dress you in for dinner? Let's see what I've got in my drawers." The wardrobe's drawers flew open, and several beige moths fluttered out into the light. She immediately slammed them shut in response. "Oh! How embarrassing... Here we are. Ah! There, you'll look ravishing in this one!"