𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐂𝐎𝐆𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 and talked and talked and talked and talked

𝐂𝐎𝐆𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 and talked and talked and talked and talked. Celine was starting to regret asking for the tour since they had practically stopped and analyzed every grain in the floor. Don't misunderstand, she loved the artistic side of architecture. However, the secret of the West Wing was eating her alive. She'd hoped that she would've been introduced to the forbidden wing at this point, but instead they had turned down another endless hallway.

"As you can see, the pseudo facade was stripped away to reveal a minimalist rococo design. Note the unusual inverted vaulted ceilings. This is yet another example of the neo-classic baroque period, and as I always say, if it's not baroque, don't fix it!" Cogsworth wiped a tear from his eye as he laughed at his own joke.

Celine pursed her lips in thought. The helmets of the suits of armor lined up against the wall followed her as she was led forward.

"So, how long has the castle been enchanted?" she asked.

Cogsworth stopped with a worried expression on his face and Lumiere ran into him just as startled. Cogsworth stuttered and stumbled over his words.

"Enchanted? Who said anything about the castle being enchanted?" Celine raised an eyebrow as she glanced over at the suits of armor; however, Cogsworth had gone on to accuse Lumiere, "It was you, wasn't it!"

"I figured it out myself," Celine corrected him. The two immediately stopped fighting as Celine added,"It's the only reasonable explanation anyway."

"Reasonable?" Cogsworth released a nervous laugh as he stepped away from Lumiere, dusting himself off. "I don't see much reason in a magical explanation."

Celine scoffed. "You're a talking clock, how could it not be magical?"

Cogsworth frowned at the reminder but cleared his throat and tried to return to the tour. "Yes, well... where was I?"

"Baroque?" Lumiere reminded him.

"Ah yes," Cogsworth opened his mouth to continue, but noticed the helmets of armor following Celine as she continued down the hall. "As you were!"

Their heads snapped forward to attention. Satisfied with his work, Cogsworth dusted off his hands and continued his lecture. It took him a moment to realize that the others had continued on without him. "Now, if I may draw your attention to the flying buttresses above the—uh, mademoiselle?"

Noticing the grand staircase at the end of the hall, Celine had gone on ahead. She'd started to ascend the stairs when Lumiere and Cogsworth tried to block her path.

"What's up there?" she asked curiously.

"Where? There? Oh, nothing. Absolutely nothing of interest at all in the West Wing," Cogsworth answered, "Dusty, dull, very boring."

Lumiere shook his head, disagreeing, but quickly changed his mind as Cogsworth nudged him. However, they failed to still her curiosity.

"Ah, so that's the West Wing."