𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭

𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀'𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 widened in horror as she was forced to watch her home burn to the ground

𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀'𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 widened in horror as she was forced to watch her home burn to the ground. The small cottage and her belongings within were all she had left of her precious Raoul, and humanity was determined to take even that from her.

"Let me go!" She screamed as she fought against the villagers that kept her restrained. She wriggled and strained in their arms, but they held firm.

She could feel her natural strength draining from the heat of the flames growing larger with each passing moment. But the rage inside her grew in equal comparison as the sound of his boots stopped just behind her.

"You've seen the nefarious acts of this woman," Gaston exclaimed to the mob around him. "You've seen the dangers she is capable of performing."

"Gaston, you worm!" Althea growled. "We had an agreement!"

He smirked and leaned in closer to whisper so that she might be the only one to hear, "Well that was before I knew I was dealing with a bonafide witch. But this works in my favor as well."

She sought to contradict his statement, but as she looked at the flickering orange flames and the ingredients visible through the shattered windows, she knew she could no longer claim to not be a witch. She'd fallen prey to temptation and turned to dark magic in her desperation. Now, she was paying the price. At least Celine was a safe distance from these monsters—

"Stop!" Celine's voice cried out as she approached on horseback. Althea's blood ran cold as Celine quickly dismounted, lifted the train of her gown, and ran to her side. "Maman, are you hurt?"

"Stay back, Celine," Gaston warned, feigning a protective stance as he placed himself between mother and daughter. "This witch means to harm you."

"That's ridiculous," Althea snarled, "a poor plan even for you."

"This is my mother," Celine's face twisted with disgust as she pushed past Gaston and tried once more to free her mother from the clutches of the villagers, ignoring the stairs she received for her formal dress. "She's not a common criminal, I demand she be released at once."

Monsieur D'arque stepped forward with a sinister grin plastered to his face. "We can't do that, miss. It's for your own good."

"My own good?" Celine scoffed and held back her wrath with a laugh. "I'm growing quite tired of people thinking they know what's good for me."

"She intended to harm you," Gaston insisted. Without room for dispute in the conversation, he quickly retrieved the vial from his pouch and offered it to Celine.

She raised an eyebrow in confusion, but noticed that her mother's eyes narrowed and hardened. "What... what is this?"

"A love spell," Gaston answered truthfully. "Your mother threatened me with unimaginable curses should I not give you the potion."