𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐋'𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓 could feel his heart pounding in his chest

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓 could feel his heart pounding in his chest. However, none of the household servants seemed to notice at first as they gathered around, trying to make the final preparations of the evening... well that is all of them aside from Mrs. Potts.

The teapot hopped closer and looked up toward the master expectantly. "What seems to be on your mind?"

He hesitantly opened his mouth to reply, but it was at that moment that Lumiere burst into the room. "Tonight is the night!"

The beast quickly turned and began to exit the room. "I'm not sure I can do this."

Mrs. Potts and Lumiere glanced toward one another before quickly rushing after the beast. Lumiere called after him, "Master, wait. You don't have time to be timid! You must be bold, daring."

The beast paused. He had yet to turn around, but with a sigh, he straightened and ran his hands through his mane of hair. He offered an affirmative nod before repeating Lumiere's words more for himself than anyone else. "Bold. Daring!"

Without leaving room to think, Lumiere and Mrs. Potts guided him back into the other room where the drawn bath waited. The beast climbed into the tub, but as a few of the other servants began to help him freshen up, his worrisome thoughts returned.

Mrs. Potts hopped closer and again tried to help ease his concerns. "What's on your mind, dear?"

The beast sighed. "When I saw her in the library, looking so glum, I thought perhaps dinner would lighten the mood. I never imagined she'd actually say yes, much less suggest a dance. What was I thinking?"

Lumiere quickly jumped into the conversation, "No, Master. It's perfect. The rose has only four petals left which means tonight... you can tell her how you feel."

"I feel like a fool," the beast muttered. "She will never love me."

"Do not be discouraged," Lumiere replied. However, as the beast exited the tub and shook himself dry, he drenched the candelabra in the process. Lumiere spat the mouthful of water onto the ground before continuing the previous conversation, "She is the one."

"I wish you'd stop saying that!" The beast snapped, but sighed as he took a seat at his vanity. "There is no 'one'."

"You care for her, don't you?" Lumiere asked, desperation creeping into his voice.

The beast directed his eyes toward the ground before looking back into the mirror. He couldn't lie to himself anymore. Ever since she'd first stormed his castle, she'd invaded his dreams and haunted his every waking moment. She had a deceptively fiery spirit hidden beneath her calm disposition and her eyes... There was so much depth and intelligence that lie beneath the forest of her eyes. At times she frustrated him more than anything else in the world, but he couldn't imagine life without her now.

"More than anything."

"Well, then, woo her with beautiful music and romantic candlelight," Lumiere exclaimed with exasperation. "Yes, and when the moment's just right..."