18-Carnage in the Town

The sky was surrounded by darkness and the moon was shining in the sky. Rain droplets were falling on the ground with a soothing wind that made everyone feel serene. There was silence on the streets of the town and everyone was hiding inside their houses. But the darkness of the night depicts something else, something horrifying that can only be felt by Mikey and his friends.

Mrs. Amber woke up in the middle of the night due to extreme hunger cravings. A tall young woman, with brown hair colour, big eyes and sharp facial features made her look astoundingly beautiful and was dealing with a personality disorder that led her to live alone in her home.

In her 20's she was diagnosed with histrionic personality disorder with a hint of narcissistic traits in her personality and that's the reason no one has the tendency to live life with her and she was left all alone in her home with a grumpy attitude towards her neighbour. Amber went into her kitchen to find some food so that she can satisfy her hunger and get pleasure from eating while triggering her dopamine. After taking some food she slouched into her sofa in the lounge and played a movie. While she was watching a movie, there was a loud noise of thunder outside and Amber panicked out of a sudden. Amber shrugged and leaned forward to pick up her phone. Suddenly she heard a loud noise from her garage as if something is broken there and there was a continuous sound of hissing.

Amber went outside her garage and there was a bin that had fallen and was broken into many pieces. There was darkness in the corridor and the lights of the garage malfunctioned and she was unable to turn the lights on.

"Idiot, cat..." Amber groaned while she pursed her lips.

She leaned forward to pick up the pieces of the bin while she was wringing in sweat. She felt something strange, a presence that can't be seen but she could feel that something was around her and she was unable to comprehend the horrific situation. The clinking of something seemed violent and aggressive. She made herself busy picking up the broken pieces and she saw the shadow of some strange creature. She stared outside and inside of the garage and it seems it was disappearing again and again. Her heart was pounding fast and her sympathetic nervous system was triggered. With every single second, there was an increase in the sound that was strange and horrendous. Someone was growling but Amber was unable to find it. Amber changed her position while slithering away and a large shadow was in front of her depicting the true face of evil. She had no escape route and Amber disappeared in the darkness of the night.

-----------------------------------

Noon Headline:

"High Alert regarding the Nord street of the town. A young woman whose name is Amber is found missing from her house. Police are investigating the whole scene and according to their statement, there was a pool of blood found in her garage. First Mr.Jones went missing and now another member of the town went missing. Is she dead or alive? Is it a crime scene or not? Police are investigating the whole scenario while implementing the high alert in the town. The Forensics team are taking the samples of blood and detectives are on the way to observe and evaluate the whole scene....."

Mikey came rushing from his room into the lounge after hearing the news. Mikey's mother and dad were already there listening to the news while Marie was sleeping in her room.

"What just happened? Another person went missing.." Mikey groaned and his dad blanched due to disappointment.

"It's getting worse day by day. Now listen to me Mikey, you guys have to come home until 4 whenever you guys are out..." Mikey's mother glanced at him

"What? No way. Four is too soon, Mom. Why would we have to suffer because of this lunatic criminal out there...?" Mikey frowned

"Because it's the matter of life and death, Mikey. No more excuses. Otherwise, you can stay at home all the time and be my guest." Mikey's mother groaned while portraying her aggressive tendencies.

Mikey's phone started ringing and it was Ned. They all went online in their secretive group and they decided to meet at Ned's home as soon as possible. His phone buzzed in his pocket, the guys were up now, chatting in the group chat. It kept buzzing while he forced himself to eat, his mom was very clear that nobody should put more food than they could finish on their plate. Somehow, he'd ended up with a plate full of sausages and bread even though he wasn't hungry and his attention was diverted.

While Jake reminds him not to forget to bring Marie along with him. Meanwhile, Mikey went into Marie's room who was snoring in her deep sleep and he woke her up.

"Wake up Marie, wake up. I'm going to Ned's house. The situation is getting worse and worse and we have to do something about it." Mikey was screaming at her.

"What happened now? Have you seen something again?"

"Wake up and I will tell you everything in detail in Ned's house.."

They both got ready and rushed towards Ned's home. When Mikey and Marie stepped outside her house, they saw Jerry tripping on the grass of his lawn. Mikey's blood was boiling up while seeing him in such peace after performing some criminal acts and all he was thinking was how can be someone at so peace after murdering someone? Did he really murder someone? Jerry saw both of them and gave a smile to Marie. Marie pretended to act normal in front of him and she greeted him so that everything seemed normal from their side. Mikey passed Jerry while evaluating his outer appearance of the garage and it seemed that Jerry cleaned up the chaos in his garage and they had to find it somewhere else in the house. But where?