f o u r

"It's too hot."

"Mate, if you're hot, how do you think I feel?"

Peter looked at her with a questioning look, also noticing Yelena starfishing on the floor next to the pool.

"To me, 20 degrees in England is the equivalent of heat stroke."

"And it's 74 degrees right now."

Tony stated, walking past the trio while Aphrodite tried to subtly check him out.

Key word, 'tried'.

Peter picked up on this immediately and gave her a slightly horrified look.

      Since she realised her attraction towards Tony, she's been acting a little different around the tower.

A couple of the avengers noticed this but thought nothing of it - apart from Peter and Yelena who devoted all of their time this figuring out why she acting different.

      She was sitting by the little bar/plastic table with drinks that Sam had set up, in a little purple slip dress with a black bikini under it.

"Tinker bell! Come play mermaids with me."

Yelena said to Aphrodite from the pool and the teen stood up, pulled her dress over her head, discarding it next to peter and ran towards the pool whilst being careful not to slip.

The whole team watched her. They were a family, and they wanted her to feel like she was part of the family - seeing her happy made them happy.

But it was different with Tony. He stared at her. He could barley keep her eyes off her on a regular day, and today she was lying by the pool in a skimpy bikini.

He told himself that nothing would happen between them. There was a 25 year age gap, not to mention the team would go also absolutely mental - especially Steve.

She jumped in and was under the surface for a while before coming back up, gasping for air.

He watched as her and Yelena splashed each other with water, and then her drag peter in and force him to give her an 'underwater piggyback'.

Soon enough Wanda and Pietro got in as well and the super-speed water race happened, where the two of them had to run through the water as fast as they could - which only ended in half of the water splashing out of the pool and onto Bucky, making him look like a sad, wet cat for the next half hour.

Eventually peter had to go home, so she got out of the pool to get his school stuff from her room, since she had been studying with him the day before.

On her way back outside, she passed Tony in the kitchen, grabbing some beers from the fridge.

"Here, I'll help with that."

She came over, still in only her bikini,  grabbed 2 six packs, and shut the fridge by nudging it with the side of her hip, leading the way outside.

Tony walked behind her and couldn't help but let his gaze fall to her body.

He watched her hips sway as she walked and the way that her hair went side to side with every step she took.

When they got out of the door and back to the 'bar', he still had his gaze fixed on her lower body, only Rhodey seemed to notice this and simply rolled his eyes at Tony's typical behaviour.

They put the drinks down and Aphrodite grabbed herself a coke, sitting down on the grass with Wanda.

The two were out of earshot from the rest of the group - minus the ones with enhanced hearing - and Wanda took this opportunity to question Aphrodite about the thoughts she'd heard in the past week.

"You know, I didn't think Tony was your type."

"Uhhh.. what?"

"I can hear your thoughts, remember." She chuckled and looked up from the grass. "Do you plan to.. act on these feelings?"

"No, no. It's just a silly little crush, that's all."

"Doesn't seem like that to me. And to him, it's much more than that. So much more."

"What?" She almost shouted, gaining the attention of the others, but quickly turned back to Wanda and whisper-yelled "What?"

"You didn't hear it from me."

And with that, she walked off to talk to Loki.