04

"This is the first and last time I'm picking you up." Rather than greeting, Jeno had his usual frown. Eight hopped in the car with her playful smile.

"Thanks, boss!" She said while putting on her seatbelt. Jeno sighed and drove.

"You got your things?"

"Yes. Like you said."

Jeno responded with a nod.

"You know, I could just stay in my house and go to the mansion when I'm needed." Eight offered an idea.

"And get yourself killed? Enemies are watching. Always." Jeno reasoned.

"Didn't know you were concerned about me in that level." She teased and whistled right after.

"It's not what you think it is. You're in the group now; you're my responsibility."

"That's sweet."

A short silenced followed until Jeno spoke.

"Training starts tonight-"

"What?!" Eight interjected pushing her body close to Jeno just to make sure she heard that right. "You're kidding."

"Does it look like I'm kidding?" He said out of annoyance. "You will be training with Jisung tonight, but for now we're headed to Skale."

"Ugh," Eight scoffed. "That bastard."

"Heard he's the one who did that to you." Jeno said as he pointed on Eight's casted arm.

"Originally? It was you, idiot."

Jeno quickly stopped the car and looked at Eight directly in the eyes. "Rule number one: respect your higher ups. I'm not your friend." Eight looked away feeling embarrassed and nodded.

Jeez. Higher up, my ass.

||

"What exactly are we doing here?" I asked looking around the small cafe, Skale.

"It was the boss's order." Mark replied.

"You guys were ordered to work at a cafe?" Eight then laughed making fun of the six men wearing an apron that ironically, suited their broad shoulders and large body build.

"Something like a penalty. But we were still tasked to carry out missions, this was closer to the city, where all our missions usually occur. I guess that's why he placed us here." Mark explained putting on his apron.

"He? Your—our boss is a he? What does he look like?" She curiously asked.

"Technically, our boss. Assuming of you to think you're part of us." Haechan voiced out by Mark's side.

Well that hurt.

"Actually," Mark paused. "No one knows the boss's gender nor face. We refer to him differently everytime we talk about them, so we'd rather not." He slightly chuckled.

Eight's eyebrows met. "That's odd."

"Yeah, but we trust our boss more than anyone else." Mark smiled. "Gotta go." He then went in the cashier. The remaining members did the same too but they had different positions.

Mark and Jeno were working at the cashier. Renjun, Haechan, and Jaemin were working on creating the orders, while Chenle and Jisung were the ones serving the food.

I was dozed off when suddenly I was pulled by a hand in the cashier. "What makes you think you're exempted?" Jeno scowled.

"You're friend right here..." Eight pointed at Haechan. "...just said that I'm not part of the group and now you want me to work? You guys are so confusing."