09

Third Person's Point of View

Jeno watched in silent as Eight laid on her bed. Her eyes were shut yet tears couldn't stop coming out of her eyes.

Standing in front of Eight's bed was Mark. There he had both of his hands in his pockets, staring anxiously at the crying Eight.

"If you find joy in watching me suffer might as well take a picture, you can stare at it longer." Though sad her natural humor kicked in.

Jeno and Mark looked at each other anxiously—both confused at the sudden remark.

"It's not like that." Mark stated. "We're just here for you, you're one of us."

A long silence then came after.

"Care to explain?" Jeno asked causing Eight to slowly open her eyes. She noticed the frowns on both of the boys' foreheads.

"You don't have to if you're uncomfortable." Mark remarked. Eight grabbed a small mirror placed on her side table and stared at her reflection.

"I look like shit." She expressed wiping her tears.

Again, the two boys were confused. One second she's crying, another she's getting annoyed at her reflection.

"That's really your concern now?" Jeno eyed her.

"Appearance lasts longer than sadness, you kn—"

"Whatever. Dinner's ready downstairs." Jeno ended the conversation and turned his back away from Eight. Mark did the same thing and with that, Eight was once again alone.

Eight sat on the side of her bed and pulled out a gun from her side table's drawer. She stared at it as light reflected on its golden designs.

"Take care of this."

"I will, Father."

Flashbacks from her past rang in her head. She smiled at the sudden thought.

"You're not trying to put a bullet in your head, are you?" Suddenly, a voice coming from the door made Eight glance at the speaker.

"If only I could, Jeno." She laughed.

"You could always talk, you know?" Jeno reassured and walked closer to Eight. He sat beside her and stared at the golden gun she was holding. "What a beauty." He stated.

"I know..." Eight sighed and placed it back in her drawer. "What are you doing here anyways?"

"Forgot this." He said as he lifted his wallet placed on Eight's bed. A short silence followed, making the atmosphere awkward for both parties. "What happened?" Jeno asked locking eyes with Eight.

"Hmm?" Eight's eyebrows met.

"Earlier."

Her gaze softened as she looked away.

"It happens often... it was just... well, worse earlier. Sorry about that." She felt guilty for making things awkward and difficult.

"Hey," Jeno called. "There's no need to say sorry."

"I was..." She started her sentence with difficulty in talking. "I was twelve... when I lost my virginity." Eight lifted her head and closed her eyes, attempting to stop the tears wanting to escape from her eyes.