Ariella Hanson

I cleaned my piercings and really liked how they looked.

I put my hair up in a bun and grabbed a makeup wipe.

"Let me do it?" Kai asked, walking into my bathroom.

I nodded, handing it to him.

He set it down, picking me up and setting me on the counter.

My heart skipped a few beats after how close he got to me in the car.

He held the base of my neck softly, wiping the mascara off my face.

"I like that you didn't wear face makeup. I like your freckles." He mumbled and I felt red literally flaming my face.

I didn't know what my issue was.

I shut my eyes, his moving to try to get it all off.

When he finished he wiped my under eyes and I opened my eyes, his face incredibly close to mine.

I held my breath and he broke a grin, shaking his head and putting his head down.

"What?" I laughed.

"Your face. You looked mortified I was that close." He looked at me backing up slightly.

"Doesn't mean you move away dummy." I grabbed at his shirt and he came back to where he was.

"Shut your eyes you have some on top of your eyelids." He said and I did.

The hand previously on my neck moved to cup my face, the wipe getting the tops of my eyes.

His thumb, touched my lower lip and I kept my eyes shut, nerves building up in my stomach.

I felt lips on my forehead and I took a heavy breath.

"Sleep good angel." He whispered before leaving and I sat there, my whole body tingling in anticipation.

-

I tossed, sweat pebbling down my back.

I groaned, sitting up and moving to open my window.

I took off the shirt I wore, putting on a spaghetti strap tank top, adjusting the shorts I was wearing and moving out of my room.

I quietly moved down the stairs, grabbing a hair tie off the counter I had left there the other day, tying my hair back up.

I took it down after washing my face but now it was stuck to my neck.

I walked outside, sitting on the cool concrete of the porch steps.

I yawned, the sun coming up.

It must've been like 4 in the morning.

I put my head on my knees and sat there a while, the breeze picking up.

I stood, going back inside and locking the door.

I walked upstairs back into my room where I lied down, grabbing only my sheets and covering myself with that rather than my large comforter.

-

"Ari, we gotta get ready for school. Last week before spring break." My arms were tugged at and I groaned.

"I know, come on." He pulled me out of bed, forcing me to stand.

I leaned against him, my forehead on his chest and he laughed.

"Wake up." He rubbed my shoulders and I stood there, so drowsy.

"I'm up." I mumbled and he took a step back.

I took a step forward and leaned against him again.

"You're a goof. I have your muffin in the fridge." He said and I looked at him.