Chapter 7: The Spiderman

Peter was shocked to see Connors in his lizard state again to say the least. Did the cure just not work or what? Still, he knew he had to pretend he didn't know who he was in order to maintain his secret.

"Ok...I know who he is..." he points at the Rhino, "but what are you supposed to be...?" He then points at Connors.

The reptile responds "Oh, well I'm... ummm..." before he could properly respond, the Rhino was charging again, but this time sped through Connors in order to topple the tree Spiderman was on.

Spidey jumped off of the tree as the Rhino rammed into it. He began shooting webs at him until they stuck him to the torn apart tree. "Alright, that'll hold him, but not for long. Now, what are you supposed to be?"

Connors scratched his head in thought, "I'm...the Lizard...man?" Spiderman just looked at him with a bewildered face.

"I mean, I'm already called Spiderman, so..."

"Ok, yeah. That sounds kind of dumb, doesn't it? Just call me... the Lizard."

"Alrighty then, I'll just call ya Liz, how does that sound?"

"Better than what I came up with..." the Lizard grumbled.

"Ok, got that outta the way. Now Liz, what are you doing here?"

"Well, isn't it obvious? I'm trying to stop that maniac over there." The two looked over at the Rhino who was close to getting out of his webtrap.

"If that's the case, then do ya have any ideas for dealing with him?"

"Well, he seems to get easily distracted. I'll find something to grab his attention while you web him up enough to stay put."

"Ok then, are you sure you can handle this guy?"

"Positive." At this point the Rhino got out of the webbing. The Lizard quickly ran at him at full speed, the brute followed suit with his own charge. However, the Lizard quickly dashed to the side as the Rhino kept running. As he was trying to stop himself, the reptile uprooted an entire tree from its roots and threw it at him. The trunk tore to shreds as it hit him square in the face, knocking him back a bit, but leaving him unscathed.

The Lizard grew wide-eyed. "But...how?"

"Haven't you learned, lizard punk?!" The Rhino yelled triumphantly, "I'm the Rhino! And nothing stops the..." he was interrupted by another web to his mouth. His attention turned to Spiderman for a second. He was readying up another charge when the Lizard used his opportunity to tackle him to the ground. The Rhino was about to land another punch on him, but Curt dodged it by doing a front flip over his head.

"Wait...did I just do a flip?" He asked himself.

Rhino tried to get up, but Spiderman webbed up his arms. As Aleksei tried to rip the webs off, Peter web swung over to him and rammed a powerful kick into his gut. He winced in pain as Spidey jumped back up into the air and webbed him up even more, pinning him to the ground.

Curt saw an advantage and he began to rapidly punch the Rhino with his fists as Spiderman kept the webs going. As he was going ham, the brute suddenly freed one of his arms from the webbing and caught one of Curt's punches. Then he freed the other arm and punched the lizard right in his stomach. As he was reeling from the pain, the rhino punched him in his jaw again, knocking out a few more teeth. He then used his hand holding his fist to toss him forward, his body careening into several trees and instantly destroying them. Finally, he lost enough momentum for his body to make a rough landing onto the dirt, his white coat now stained with mud. He just laid there for a few seconds as he let his healing factor do its job. He looked up from the ground only to see a timber rattlesnake staring right back at him.