3

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Gauri - G]

Neither of them talked after their last spat. Annika stayed in her room, working on her laptop while Shivaay worked in the living room. Lunch was uneventful, they sat across from each other but no one said a word and they returned to their previous positions as soon as they were done.

A few hours later, Shivaay went to the kitchen. They didn't have a lot of ingredients so he made daal chawal (rice with chickpea lentils). He served himself and took his plate with him. While going back to his room, he stopped in the living room to inform Annika.

S: I've made dinner, you can have it when you're hungry

A: thanks

Annika served herself and sat down to eat and as soon as she ate a spoonful she traveled back in time. With tears in her eyes and a smile on her lips, she ate her dinner. She video called her sister while eating.

G: Di, why are you crying? Are you sick? Did that man do something?

A: Gauri, do you remember when we were younger, and maa used to make dal chawal for us?

G: Yeah, I remember. But why are you thinking about that?

A: Mr. Oberoi made dal chawal for dinner and it tastes just like that

G: Maa used to make the best dal chawal in the world. I've tried so many recipes but it never tasted the same

A: I swear, this is the best thing I've had in years

G: Then, did you tell him?

A: No, actually we had an argument earlier today and I don't think he'll believe me if I go to praise him. He'll think I'm buttering him up so he won't stop feeding me.

G: What did you fight about?

A: silly stuff, it doesn't matter, part of it was my mistake. Anyway, how was your first day locked up?

G: Awesome, I made my favorite dishes and we watched Sahil's favorite movie

They talked for some more time.

What Annika didn't know was that Shivaay had overheard a part of her conversation. He was going to the kitchen to keep his plate when she was telling Gauri about the food. And this entire exchange gave him an unknown sense of happiness. He knew he was a good cook, his family always praised him but today it felt different. He felt happy that his cooking brought someone so much joy.

Lockdown: Day 2

The next morning, Annika remembered to place everything back after using it but Shivaay still took an hour to bathe. Sleeping without AC was very hard for him.

S(in his mind): thank god everything will reopen tomorrow, I can't spend another night in that room.

Even though it was a Sunday, Shivaay sat with his laptop in the living room going over some contracts. He felt thirsty, so he got up and went to the kitchen to get some water.

Annika followed him.

Unable to find any more glasses in the rack, Shivaay turned around to ask Annika