33

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Gauri - G]

Annika sat in her office, looking at some design options to pitch to her client but her mind was replaying two memories. One was this morning, Shivaay's actions and her reaction. And the other was the morning after holi. She was fighting with herself, struggling to decide what she should do.

She knew she had some feelings for him and she categorized them into 2, one was physical attraction because of the way her body had reacted to his touch and the other was their friendship that had grown so much after marriage over these last few months.

But at the same time, what he did today felt so wrong. How he could take such a huge decision about Sahil without discussing it with her? The sister and the infatuated friend were at odds, making arguments against and for Shivaay

A(in her mind): If I had taken such a drastic step regarding Om or Rudra, he would have torn my head off for sure. I have nothing to be guilty about.

But he didn't mean any harm, he wanted to do something nice for Sahil. Am I being too possessive for Sahil? Shivaay has always been good to him.

No, I'm not wrong this time. He didn't think about Sahil's needs at all. He doesn't understand the kind of discrimination Sahil has faced. Surprise is one thing, how can he get his admission canceled without telling me? He could have just brought admission forms as a surprise, we would have had this conversation in a much different tone. But no, he always has to do what he wants. Let him call today, I won't answer and I won't call him also.

He didn't leave her thoughts all day, sometimes she would think about him fondly, while other times with anger. But he was a constant. She couldn't get anything done all day, she was too distracted.

*****

Gauri called her and informed her that she would pick Sahil up from the bus stop in the afternoon, she was headed that way. In reality, it was Shivaay who was going to pick up Sahil. He had asked Gauri to cover up.

Shivaay reached the bus stop at the designated time and when the bus arrived, he saw Sahil saying bye to his friends happily, giving high fives and fist bumps. The teacher carried his bag as he got down from the bus

Sahil: SSO

S: I thought I'd pick you up today

Sahil: sir he's my sister's husband, I'll go with him today

Teacher: Are you sure Sahil? Your sister didn't inform us that someone else will be picking you up

S: she got stuck somewhere. I can show you proof that I'm related to Sahil

Teacher: Please show me some pictures, we can't let just anyone take the students, we have to take care of their security

S: of course, that's good on your part

Shivaay showed the teacher a picture of them together. Then he helped Sahil in the car and they drove home

Sahil: how come you're picking me up today? There's no way Annika didi got stuck somewhere, she always comes

S: Actually, I asked Gauri to tell Annika that she'll be picking you up

Sahil: what's going on? Why was didi so angry in the morning?

Shivaay told him briefly about canceling his admission to his current school without discussing it with Annika. He didn't give a lot of details to Sahil, he didn't want to say anything that would hurt Sahil's feelings regarding his current condition.