9

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S]

A: Your brothers are really something else

S: they are really special.

A: Do they work with you in the family business?

S: Rudra does, he recently joined us. Om is an artist.

A: Oh wow, an artist in the family of businessmen. Must've been a shock initially

S: Not really. He has always been into art. When he went to art school, there were no more doubts.

A: Nice

S: What kind of events do you organize?

A: Launch events, awards functions - both corporate and Bollywood, corporate events and parties mostly

S: Oh, so you must work with a lot of high-profile people then?

A: Yes, I do. In fact, I brought in most of our high-profile clients.

She said it proudly, it was one of her greatest achievements at work. High-profile clients meant bigger events, more publicity, bigger budgets, and more profit.

S: You mentioned earlier that you came here for an event, right?

A: Yes, I was here for a site inspection and I was going to stay over at a friend's place. But at the last minute, she backed out.

S: Some friend you've got (he rolled his eyes)

A: It wasn't her fault actually. Her in-laws came over unannounced. Having me there could have caused unnecessary issues for her.

S: Maybe.

They reached a police checkpoint, and the officer on duty verified Shivaay's permit and allowed them to move ahead. With the roads mostly empty, he was able to drive at the top speed allowed.

It had only been an hour since they left. Annika was feeling snacky, so she pulled out the packet of chips she had packed. She opened the packet and started munching on one

S(in his mind): We had alu paratha an hour ago and she's already hungry!

Annika saw him looking at her from her peripheral vision.

A: Sorry, I get snacky while traveling. Would you like some?

S: No, I'm fine

A: Okay

Within minutes Annika finished the packet. She couldn't find tissues anywhere in her handbag. Shivaay saw how she was putting her spice-covered fingers inside her bag.

S: There are tissues in the glove compartment, you can use those

A: Thanks, I don't know where I've put my wipes

She opened the glove compartment and retrieved the box of tissues, cleaned her fingers, and then wiped the spices off the glove compartment.

A: How much time will it take to get to Mumbai?

S: We have covered about 25% of the journey so about 3 more hours

A: 3 more hours! I'll fall asleep because of boredom

S: Hey!

A: Not that I'm saying you're boring or anything. I t's just that I have nothing to do right now and I'm not used to sitting idle