A New Rider

Authors note! Jean here~ I just finished editing the fic so we are good to go! Look out, seems there's a new challenger approaching... stay tuned!

Raven and hiccup rode alongside eachother on their way to the brookery.

"That little fury will be the death of me," hiccup joked shaking his head.

They made it to the island and hiccup jumped off toothless and started yelling for the baby dragons.

"Stormfrost!! Frigg!! Hickory!" Hiccup yelled. The island was filled to the brim with dragons, they all growled defensively protecting their eggs and Raven hit hiccup over the head for yelling.

"We don't want to spook a bunch of brooding dragons, unless you want your head bitten off!" Raven said in a shushed voice and hiccup nodded embarrassed,

"Right, sorry!" He whispered and slowly walked through the dragon crowds.
Toothless looked just as awkward.

"There they are!" Raven said pointing at the three little devils wrestling amongst the younger hatchlings.

Raven stormed over with nebula looking very angry and Hiccup went to follow but got distracted when he heard a commotion.

"Don't be difficult now come with us!" One gruff sounding man said.
"We just have to bring you alive he didn't say anything about the condition you be will in!" Another said and spat on the ground.

Hiccup peered over a rock to see what was happening and saw a woman around his age being confronted by two burley vikings.

He recognised those vikings to be ruffnut and tuffnuts cousins gruff and gruff, yea they had the same names.
They had been exiled years ago for causing too much trouble, seems they haven't changed much.

The woman seemed unbothered and held her hand at her waist, it hovered over a knife.
"You don't want to mess with me, boys." She said with a face so cold you could get frostbite! Her accent was thick and unfamiliar to Hiccup.

The two looked at each other and laughed, "you think you can defend yourself with a knife?" Gruff laughed and then nodded for his brother to close in on her.

Hiccup gasped and lept between them taking out his sword. "That's enough, boys." He said and the two twins stopped looking shocked.

"It's the son of stoic the vast! What is he doing here??" One fo the twins said shocked stepping back.

Hiccup ignored him and turned to the girl, he held his hand out for her to hold, "I'm so glad you're safe dear, I was looking all over for you!"  He smiled.

She looked at him like he was mad and hiccup mouthed to her, "play along!".

"I knew we should have picked a calmer honeymoon!" He laughed lightheartedly.

"What? We weren't told she married the next chief of berk!" Gruff said shocked.

Hiccup held the mystery woman by the waist and turned to the two troublemakers.
"Yes, now I suggest you leave my wife along or this time my father won't be so merciful." Hiccup smiled ignoring the fact that his father was dead and the two swiftly ran away.

"You didn't have to do that you know." The woman said when the two bounty hunters were out of ear shot.

Hiccup turned to her and pointed at her knife. "What, were you going to pick their teeth with that little knife of yours and hope they'll let you go?" He asked.

She frowned and pulled out her knife swiftly and lifted it in the air. The sun reflected on the knife as she turned it rapidly making Hiccup squint.

A loud roar was heard in the distance and like a flash a great big storm cutter landed by the woman's side.

"Good boy." She said stroking the dragon.

She had loose wavy brown hair and two different coloured eyes, blue and green. Her face was shaped like what hiccup imagined the god of beauty to look like and her nose and cheeks were dotted with freckles. Her lips were a soft shade of crimson, hoccup wondered if they were are velvety as they looked. He blushed at the sudden thought and quickly looked away from her and at her dragon.

It appeared this dragon has been through a lot. It was a storm cutter, and a bright one at that. It's bright purple horn had been cleanly broken off and his light blue stomach was plagued with scars of war. His purple shade was accented by cyan stripes and his drills were dotted with freckles much larger than her own.

He looked back at the girl and saw she had a crest on her iron armour. He had never seen a crest like that before. It looked almost noble.

"Why were they after you anyway?" Hiccup asked finally.

She rolled her eyes, "just men being men." She sneared.

"What's your name?" Hiccup asked.

The girl hesitated for a moment, but soon gave in, "brynhild. Brynhild Wilder." She answered.

"Bryn.." hiccup said to himself unknowingly.

Bryn looked at hiccup suspiciously, pacing around him looking at every little detail of himself. "Are you really hiccup haddock? Son of Stoic the Vast, chief of berk?" She asked.

Hiccup sighed thinking eventually he would have to explain, "yea that's me, but I'm sort of chief of berk now. My father.. he passed, about 10 months ago actually.".

"That's so sad, I'm sorry." She said still circling him.

Hiccup noted that it was almost as if she were more dragon than woman.

"Do you live near here?" Hiccup asked.

"I'm sort of inbetween islands right now.. I'm just here for Ghost. He's feeling lucky this season." She said patting the dragon on the chest. He purred but his yellow eyes were fixed on me.

Toothless had shown by now and was looking ghost up and down respectfully. He let out a gargled roar to ghost and ghost just looked at him and then looked back at hiccup.

Bryn scanned her surroundings anxiously, it looked like she was looking for someone. Was she still worried about the bounty hunters?

"Actually," she started walking up to Hiccup and laid a hand on his armoured chest, still looking around rapidly. "You don't perhaps have any space for another rider on your island? I have no where to go." She said with puppy dog eyes.

Hiccup was taken aback from the sudden closeness and coughed nervously, "I'm yes sure! The more the merrier!" He smiled.

"Who's your new friend?" Raven asked from behind hiccup. Bryn backed away and nodded at Raven respectfully.

"Wife, apparently.." Bryn chuckled under her breath and Raven looked at hiccup questioningly.

"Raven! This is, uh, Brynhild! She just had a run in with some old friends, and now she will be staying with us for a few days." Hiccup explained.

Raven crossed her arms but smiled, "oh, okay! Nice to meet you Bryn. This is my dragon Nebula and our three babies Stormfrost, Hickory, and Frigg!" She smiled with the dragons following close behind her.

"We should probably get back." Hiccup said.

"Agreed." Bryn said in a hurry.

As they all flew back to Berk Bryn looked troubled the whole way. There was something she was hiding for sure. Just when was Hiccup going to catch on?