When one thing ends, another begins

The ride back was silent and when hiccup landed on berk he got off Toothless and walked away without saying a word to Bryn.

Bryn stroked Ghost's neck in thought, 'i've really screwed things up..' she thought.

Hiccup ran straight for Raven and when he got to her he hugged her tightly.

"Woah there! I didn't know the hug monster was in town!" She laughed to herself and then pushed Hiccup away so she could see his face, he looked guilty.

"What's wrong?" she asked worried. 

"Bryn and I went riding and she kissed me on the cheek..." He admitted, he could even look her in the eye.

Raven looked at him for a long time and then sighed.

"thats nothing to feel guilty about, she kissed you not the other way around!" Raven smiled softly.

Hiccup finally looked her in the eye but his guilty expression stayed the same.

It was then she had the realisation. She sighed and looked away hugging her arms. "You like her, don't you..?" she asked quietly.

Hiccup opened his mouth to say something but he couldnt manage to let out a single noise.

Raven took that as a yes and her shoulders hunched. "Go to her." She said.

"What?" Hiccup finally mustered.

"Go to her, Hiccup. I'll be okay." Raven said still not looking at him.

"But Raven i love you!" Hiccup said sadly. 

"No, you dont. And I'm okay with that." She turned to look at Hiccup with a smile, a tear rolled down her cheek. "I'll be fine on my own." She said and then left on Nebula.

Hiccup's eyes were red but he did not cry. He kicked at the ground defeated and walked back to the house.

Bryn saw him approaching and her heart began to race. He walked past and went for the door but Bryn stepped beside him with a guilty expression, "Again I'm really sorry about today I was excited and i crossed a line, i hope we can still be friends!" She said but Hiccup held up a hand to silence her.

"Shut up." He said dead serious.

"What?" She replied in shock.

"Just shut up.." He repeated before planting his hands on either side of her face and kissed her on the lips. Her eyes widened surprised but soon fluttered closed as she leaned into the kiss, her hands firmly planted on his chest.

When he pulled away his face was still serious. 

"Hiccup, I.." Bryn breathed out flustered.

"It's over between me and raven." He said.

"oh no.. why..?" Bryn asked through a haze, her eyes did not falter from staring at his lips.

"Because of you.." He said and kissed her a second time, this time they both kissed harder.

Finally, Hiccup pulled away for the last time. "I better get back to work." He said and walked away leaving Bryn to come to terms with what just happened.

She held her fingers to her lips as they buzzed from the lasting sensation. "Bye.." She said delayed. Ghost nudged her slightly and chirped to get her attention but she was lost in the clouds.