Chart.mov // 02

Written: 2020.
Personal
____________________________

"When were you born?"

"Wow, forgot my birthday already?"

Little fascinations with various things made life much more enjoyable. Frankly, if we didn't have anything to interest us even the slightest - the world around us would be boring.

People connect in different ways, but the ones we tend to see most is similar interests, hobbies, likes and dislikes. It all always has to be connected somehow. It seems that we tend to be happier that way too - knowing that we have somebody to talk to about our favorite musician, artist, food and many more.

There is also a phenomenon where a person you dislike has just about everything in common with you. Sometimes they don't even do anything remotely horrible that makes you dislike them, yet you do. It's an interesting observation which begs the question - If you had a clone of yourself, would you hate it? Why?

But I digress.

"No, I want to know the time... you know... so that I can see your chart."

"Oh not this astrology bullshit. I don't know the time, but if it helps I know my rising sign."

"Why do you hate astrology so much?"

"Because it's stupid."

What about the friendships and relationships where two are completely different, yet still function somehow? Does that translate to some sort of torture or is it a healthy, good learning experience? When you listen to people complain your whole life, would it make more sense to be attracted to the ones who do just the opposite?

They don't talk about their lives, and are pretty cold when questioned about it. If you are one of those, you'll have your own explanation as to why, but if you aren't - you'll wonder once in a while.

"Why do you keep ignoring me? I've told you that If I do something that I am unaware of I want you to tell me. Please, let's communicate a little better."

"It's not you, I've just been dealing with stuff."

"You wanna talk about it? I'm here for you, you don't have to deal with it alone."

I noticed that they run from confrontation most of the time. Some are afraid, others can't be bothered. To the other party, that is used to listening and striving to help, it's like walking through hell. It's a big difference in people, so is it really worth it to start any sort of friendship or grow close in such case?

Neither can understand the other. No matter how hard they try, it's almost always a dead end.

"So, did you ever figure out my chart? Am I going to space hell for being a sign that I am?"

"No, I didn't. Why do you have to be so mean about it? You don't see me making fun or joking about the things you are interested in."

"Oh come on, it's just a light-hearted joke."

"Everything that I am interested in is a joke to you. The music I like, the videos I find funny, everything. I'm beginning to think that I am a joke to you."

Always a villain, confrontation is. It hurts to be treated like a fool. Leaves you wondering if the things you do are really just waiting to be made fun of, or if you are wasting your time on somebody that will never be able to love the way you love.

Years later, I did get around to finding the chart. It didn't take long to figure out how, and it took even less to answer all the questions you never could've.

And if I had a chance to talk to you again, I'd tell you the biggest joke I've seen in my life - that is your entire existence.

____________________________
Here's another little drabble where I was petty. It's been two years since I've written this and I am still petty. Anyways, thought I'd add another one here because I'll be busy for the next 4 days and I don't want to leave just one chapter sitting there collecting cobwebs for no reason,, that's all folks, see you in hopefully 4 days, please take care of yourselves and have a wonderful day/night!