You, come get coffee with me // 03

Written: 2018.
Fiction
__________________________

The rain smothered all of the gray concrete, and anything else that came in its way. Traffic was never ending, occasional honks and tire screeching would disrupt the noise of the droplets.

It isn't even autumn...

Spring was a beautiful season, not so much for people with allergies, but subjectively looking - it was better than any other season. Winters would get cold and slippery, and if you've ever had to leave the house early in the morning for school or work, you'd know how horrible it can get. Autumn was windy and rainy, and the mud would just get everywhere. Summer, well - summer makes some want to be a better person. Hell is hotter, and if you can't handle the summer heat...

Spring, apart from pollen, was perfect. Warm enough, showing all the pretty colors of our nature, and the sunlight would finally replace the artificial light during the day. But, even the most perfect have their own flaws. For spring, this was the occasional rain.

"It doesn't look like it's going to stop soon, is it?"

Being new in a class full of people who already have known each other for months surely was stressful. Coming in as a complete stranger, infiltrating an already small circle, disrupting the routine. It was even worse knowing that the one person you know, apparently didn't feel like coming to classes.

"I don't think so. However, if I were the local news' weatherman - I'd simply stop the rain."

Humor is ought to get anyone friends. The timing just needs to be right. The person who happened to ask the dumbest question anyone can when trying to make small talk, fell for the even dumber joke. So humor does work.

The face was kind, eyes mostly, but the body posture spoke in cursive. It was awkward, as if they expected to be banished from the world for simply asking a question.

"Well, I for one would be grateful for that. Lunch break is coming around soon, I don't want to get soaked just for one sandwich."

"So you plan to skip lunch just because it's raining?"

"Maybe, this outfit took three minutes to put together - It would be a shame to ruin it."

Another dumb joke, and another person who found it funny. The awkwardness of the entire conversation began to wane, and both fell more comfortable in each others presence. It was hard to focus on what the professor was saying, the thoughts of a possible newfound friendship were much louder. Their conversation was cut short due to the loud bell, notifying everyone that it was time for lunch.

Why give up on trying to make a new friend now though? There wasn't enough time to think of something witty to say to continue the conversation, so why not just say the first thing that comes to mind?

"Hey."

"Yeah?"

"Come get coffee with me. I don't want to go alone."

For a brief moment there was confusion on their face, soon replaced by a glimmer in those kind eyes, and an even kinder smile.

"Sure."

Maybe it wasn't that hard to make new friends.

____________________________
This is so painful omfg I hate this one bc I remember writing it and thinking how great it turned out but reading it now I get so nitpicky like I want to add more or take out some parts or make it make more sense??? This is my hell. Anyways, hi! I was supposed to be free today but we happened to find a puppy this morning and ended up adopting it. Basically I was too busy giving all my attention to the cutest little baby ever. I don't know when's the next update because I have to be a mother for a couple of days, so until I am at peace - Have a wonderful day/night and remember to take care of yourselves!