SHORT STORIES: Sorted By Genre

And in here, you'll find the individual stories from not only the applicable Suggestion Box volumes, but also Flashes of Inspiration, my other short story collection. Note: Since the Suggestion Box, Vol. 1 didn't have titles, I just listed them by their number, and the list that inspired the scene I wrote. If that genre interests you, you'll be able to find that particular story under the list in question, within the linked work.

Key and Links: 

SB1 = The Suggestion Box, Vol. 1 [ https://www.wattpad.com/story/48544240-the-suggestion-box-volume-1 ] 

SB3 = The Suggestion Box, Vol. 3 [ https://www.wattpad.com/story/84526435-the-suggestion-box-volume-3-one-thousand-words ] 

SB4 = The Suggestion Box, Vol. 4 [ https://www.wattpad.com/story/128124885-the-suggestion-box-vol-4-a-to-z-challenge ] 

FOI = Flashes of Inspiration [https://www.wattpad.com/story/185574056-flashes-of-inspiration]

FANTASY: List #6--Scander, Unigivla, Afternoon, A Baby (SB1); "The Book-Wyrm" (SB3); "The Enchanted Staircase" (SB3); "Leaving The Bottle" (SB3)

FAIRY TALES: "The Weaver's Child" (SB3); "No Place Like Home" (SB3); "The Beckoning of Oz" (FOI); "Gondu's Gamble" (SB4); "Yet You Are Young" (SB4)

PORTAL FANTASY: "Beware of Fairies" (SB3) and Letter T: "Taken To Town" (SB4); Help Wanted (SB3); "The Castle" and "The Dragon in The Library" (FOI); "The Traveler (Part 1 and Part 2)" (FOI); "Gybralltyr" (FOI); Letter I: "The Incident on The Island" and Letter Q: "The Quietest Question" (SB4); "A Real Fixer-Upper" (FOI); "The Secret of Stormwylde" (FOI); List #13--Scarlet, An abandoned castle in Scotland, The late 1700's, A bloodstained shirt (SB1)

URBAN FANTASY: "Strange Tides" (SB3); "Natural History" (SB3); "The Park" (FOI); "Beware of Fairies" (SB3) and Letter T: "Taken To Town" (SB4); "Zatri's Fate" (FOI); "Story Time" (SB3); "Office Rescue" (FOI); "The Siren Song" (SB3); "Adventure Comes To Tea" (SB3); "The Secret Cove" (FOSI); "The Stranger With The Suitcase" (FOI); "The Novice" (SB3); "Perchance To Dream" (SB3)

SWORD & SORCERY: List #7-- Latisha, A cave hidden behind a waterfall, Early evening, A pile of bones (SB1); "His First Quest" (SB3) and Letter B: "Braving The Bear" (SB4); "The Tides of Battle (SB3); "The Traveler (Parts 1 and 2)" (FOI); "The Stabbing" (FOI); Letter F: "The Flames of Farthen's Eve" (SB4)

SCIENCE FICTION: "Impact" (SB3); "Red in The Morning" (SB3); List #3--Ignatz Ratskewatski, 5 minutes before midnight, USO outpost on Vega 12, an heirloom watch (SB1); "Godspeed and Good Luck" (SB3); "The Origin of The Blunder" (SB3); "Humanity" (SB3) and Letter K: Kenzi and The Kelp Kerfuffle" (SB4); "Four Little Words" (FOI); "Occupational Heresy" (SB3) and Letter N: "N.O.W.H.E.R.E" (SB4); "The Hallway" (FOI)

CYBERPUNK: "The Trial" (SB3); Letter H: "To Honor A Hangman" (SB4); Letter O: "The Octogram of Obligates" (SB4); Letter V: "The Valentine's Day Vacancy" (SB4); Letter W: "Whitaker's Weapon" (SB4); Letter X: "The Xenial Xenologist" (SB4)

STEAMPUNK: "The Things Within" (SB3) and "Avelyn's Masquerade" (FOI; "The Junkyard Apprentice" (SB3); List #4--Teresa, Winter Solstice, Londonshire, Numbers (SB1) and Letter S: "Safety in Solidarity" (SB4)

HORROR: "Yellow Fever" (SB3); "The Ghost in The Crypt" (FOI); "Four Little Words" (FOI); "The Stabbing" (FOI)

PARANORMAL: "Loving In Memory" (SB3); "Chance Encounters" (SB3); "The Shrine" (FOI); "The Visitor" (FOI); Letter A: "Answers in The Arches" (SB4) and List #12--Ashuria, A Century, the Citadel of Natalys, the Fountain of Youth (SB1); "The Lady and The Bard" (FOI); "Nice Beds" (FOI); "Stained-Glass Wings" (SB3) and Letter L: "The Labors of Lorelei" (SB4)

CONTEMPORARY FICTION: Letter C: "The Corvallis Catastrophe" (SB4); Letter E: "The Erstwhile Enthusiast" (SB4); Letter M: "Musings in Mesa" (SB4); List #1--Tina, Early Morning, Rural countryside, Dead quail in the road (SB1); List #2--Tammi Carmody, 7PM on the 30th of June, Jan Pierce's house, Turkish scarf (SB1); List #5--Elena Knight, 4:00 AM, Devonshire, Tabby cat (SB1)

ROMANCE: "Loving in Memory" (SB3); "Undying Love" (SB3); "The Artist's Wife" (SB3); "The Visitor" (FOI); List #10--Suzannah, San Francisco Bay Area, 1988, Electric A-frame guitar (SB1); List #11--Butterfly Huffingtree, Inverness (Scotland), 11:59 PM, Hot air balloon (SB1)

HISTORICAL FICTION: "No Place Like Home" (SB3); List #8--Neal D. Parker, Egypt, 1930's and 2030's, A puzzle in 4 pieces (SB1); Letter P: "The Perturbation of Mount Placid" (SB4); "Here Endeth The Lesson" (SB3); List #9--Horatio Whistlestop, An uncharted Phoenician island, Sunset, Rope (SB1); Letter R: "Regarding The Rye" (SB4); "Undying Love" (SB3)