The old "you" (soft)

I wanted to thank you all so much! When I started this collection I would have never expected people to like my work. I'm so incredibly thankful for every single reader and every comment you write. You guys are so funny and I love reading them!
Please always stay the way you are and do what feels best and right to you. Stay save<3

"Loki, will you come over here for a second?" "Yeah?" the god said as soon as he stood behind Mobius. The agent nervously tucked at his trousers before speaking "I uh.. I was wondering if you were free tonight?" "I am. What for?"

Mobius now turned around to look at them, a nervous smiling spreading across his cheeks "A date." His smile immediately faded away as he saw Loki's shocked impression. "Oh god I'm so sorry. I just kind of thought there was something between us and uh a lot of people said- Whatever just forget about it." The god just continued looking at him.

"Loki? I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?" Before he could even comprehend what was happening Loki stormed out of the room. The agent sighed heavily and put his face in his hands. He had officially screwed up and probably ruined one of the best friendships he has ever had along the way.

Meanwhile Loki was running towards the apartment of the only person who'd know what to do. They sprinted the hallways until he finally found the door. He knocked and his Variant opened it right away.

"Why are you so out of breath?" they just walked into the apartment without answering. "Mobius asked me on a date." "Well, thats good news!" "I ran away"
"What?" Loki looked at Sylvie with shame. "You like don't you?" they nodded "then why did you run?" "Thats the thing, Sylvie! I like him. I'm the god of mischief! I don't like people. Midgardians. He's mortal!" "Loki. There's nothing you could change about his mortality, or where he's from and you can definitely not change how you feel."
"Yeah. But I can. If I don't commit to these feelings they'll go away."
"Loki, he fucking likes you. Do you want to break his heart just because you're too fucking full of yourself? Yes, he's mortal. So don't make the time he has a living hell, not when you could make it the best time he has by being with him. You know you need him as much as he needs you. Don't bullshit yourself. You may be the god of mischief, we are both, but we both are allowed to feel."
The other god just stood there, staring.
"Don't fucking stare at me like that you moron. Get back where you came from." Sylvie hurried as she pushed him out the door and shut it at his face.

Loki walked back, treading the conversation about to come. If he did this, all of the Loki he ones was would be gone. He wasn't sure if he was ready to be someone else. A greater version of himself. He didn't know if he was ready to be loved for who he was by someone who was merely a stranger a few months ago. But he knew he loved the stranger.

"Oh hey. I'm sorry for what I said. It doesn't have to be like this we can be friends"
"No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have run away. I was scared, I never felt like this before. This is new. And I wasn't ready to face it and I hurt you. I'm sorry." Mobius stood up from his chair and walked over to the god. He looked them up and down completely stunned by what was happening. They were so beautiful standing in front of him like that; flustered, shy, scared.. in love. He softly pressed his palm against Lokis face and looked them in the eyes.
"Hey.. Its okay, alright? I'm happy that you like me to, but you don't need to be in a committed relationship with me right away. We can be slow, yeah? We don't have to rush things if they make you uncomfortable. This is for you and me. To make the best out of the time we have together. We don't have to kiss. We don't have to touch. Hell, we don't even have to be more than friends until you're ready to be more. I want you and I'll want you in the future and I will wait until I can have you if its what you need." The agent wiped a tear from the gods face.

"Thank you, Mobius" Thats when Loki realized that the old Loki was long lost. They wouldn't have shed a tear. They wouldn't have the strength to, because its way harder to be yourself and to let yourself feel than to do what others expect from you. And they decided to never let themselves be anyone else but who they really are.