PART 17

i felt as if someone just forced a dagger into my chest, making my heart beat in pain.

running as quick as possible, i made my way towards the body laying on the couch. i crouched down, looking at the wound and grabbing his hand at the same time. i made my way up, looking at his face now, which he had a tired smile on.

"hey, listen here.."

i looked at the wound that had several deep shades of blood. i don't know what happened or what was gonna happen from now on, i just wanted him to continue with us. my eyes tried to look to his face again

"you'll be all right okay..? we'll all be together.."

he didn't say anything, just kept smiling weakly. my heart filled with pain, not knowing what to do, not being able to help him, just staring at it, made me suddenly angry.

jet star came beside me and looked at my face. i just felt as if all of them had been feeling a lot worse, because they had been together than more than we all ever have.

after wiping the wound with something that i currently couldn't figure out,
he went washing the scissor like thing, then making it enter the wound of poison slowly, skin squishing at the same time. i to close my ears, because the sound was something i couldn't handle.

hearing whimpers from poison made me squeeze his hand. then i whispered,

"w-what is that for?!"

he bit his lower lip, still making the skin squish and more blood come out

"we are trying to pull the bullet out.."

my eyes opened wide, coming more surprised than ever, i shook my head

"b-but bullets were banned in battery city! we were only allowed to use ray guns.."

he nodded, then slowly taking a small metal piece. he threw it on the pile of garbage and looked at poison again

"the wound isn't too big, but we'll have to stitch it up for it stop bleeding, okay..?"

i looked up to see the others' faces, not because i didn't want to see a needle and a thread enter skin.

kobra had worry over his face he was fidgeting- walking, all around the room, and so did ghoul. i shook my head, not believing how all this happened. bullets were banned in battery city long ago for everyone. not only for killjoys but everyone.

the girl walked beside me, looking at my face while not saying anything. but her face was as if she was trying to tell me we were forgetting something.

i let go of poison's hand, getting up and just looking back at his face, trying very hard not to look at the cleaned wound.

his smile had dropped and looked as if he was in more pain. i didn't know what to do, so i just pulled on my jacket then cocking my ray gun, knowing what will happen in a few minutes if we don't leave.

i opened my mouth to talk but jet star acted faster than me while he put a bandage over the stitch.

"so Y/K/N. the bad news?"

suddenly everyone was looking at me- even poison because he decided that he was gonna sit up. a shutter ran over my spine, making me cold for a bit.

"they're coming."

"who?"

"the BL/ind."

everyone looked at me with a serious face while the people in trans am suddenly entered a panic- picking up all their supplies and everything we thought we might need.

jet star looked at me while handing a big missile gun to the girl, which made my mouth open wide
"how did you even learn about that?! and don't worry about that, she knows how to use it."

i just rubbed my eyes, replying to him

"i told you we had found doctor d.'s channel! he said that there were a bunch of dracs coming towards the northwest. and guess what? it turns out we are on the northwest."

kobra pulled poison off the couch, supporting him with his arm, helping him walk to the car

"the chargers are already at the car. now we gotta move!!"

jet star opened the front door, making all of us walk out and run to the car. kobra opened the back seat's door, making party poison sit down just at the right side.

and suddenly i found myself sitting beside poison. his eyes were half open, as if he was gonna fall asleep if i stop looking at him. he made a small smile which made me sad inside

i just looked out the broken front window with missile beside me and kobra sitting on the window side. jet star quickly unlocked the lock of his ray gun, they starting the car, he turned to ghoul- which was just beside him, shotgunning then jet star turned to to us sighing.

"we'll be alright. okay?"
i just saw missile softly nod beside me, still holding the radio very tightly.

the moment star stepped on the gas, we speeded up driving away and away from trans am each second. i sighed, knowing we might not even see that place again.