Spring Break!

"Sunscreen?" Yelena called.

"Check." Wanda confirmed.

"Beer?"

"Check."

"Vodka?"

"Check."

"Floaties?"

"What?"

"For Kate."

"Oh, check."

"Then anchors away, my friends!" Yelena exclaimed, drawing the group's attention from her post on the dock.

Spring break was in full swing. Eleanor Bishop, feeling guilty about not having come down to check on Kate after her accident, funded the week long rental of a lake house. Piling into Carol and Steve's trucks, a group comprised of Yelena, Kate, Wanda, Natasha, Pietro, and the two drivers made their way down to the massive property. MJ and Peter were also invited, but had prior plans to visit Peter's aunt in Queens.

The group wasted no time getting out onto the water, as Eleanor also splurged on a small boat rental. Dating a millionaire's daughter had perks, Yelena thought, as no one else in the group could have funded this. Almost half of them were orphans or dirt poor, so a patron was necessary for the group's first real college road trip.

Steve and Carol started an impromptu football game as Wanda, Natasha, and Yelena readied the boat. Wanda and Yelena took care of supplies and followed whatever oddly capable commands Natasha gave. Kate was wrangled into the football game, and she defended the boy with platinum blond hair who looked oddly familiar.

"What was your name again?" Kate asked him as Carol overthrew a pass.

"You can't be serious," he said. "We've met like, three or four times."

Kate just stared blankly.

"I'm Wanda's brother..."

Again, nothing.

"The one who kind of set you and Yelena up in the first place..."

"Ohhh, okay." A light bulb went off in Kate's head. "Patrick."

"And you're the one who got the Stark internship?"

"Yeah, why?"

The boy muttered something under his breath. "Yelena sure knows how to pick 'em."

"Um, hello," Yelena clapped her hands urgently, "I'm not above leaving you all here."

Carol paused her ferocious spike of the football to race Steve to the boat, both of them nearly tackling each other as they boarded. Natasha offered a dutiful hand to Wanda, and Yelena did the same for Kate.

"How's your leg?" Yelena whispered, concern in her eyes and voice. This was Kate's first real week with no boot, and the blonde could not help but worry, especially with Kate rowdily playing football.

Kate kissed Yelena's forehead, smiling. "It's fine. Don't worry about me, gorgeous. It's spring break, we can relax."

Yelena nodded, making her way to a bench seat at the back of the small boat, Kate in tow. Carol and Natasha handled starting the boat and steering it, while Wanda stood at the front of the vessel, arms outstretched. Pietro and Steve cracked open a few beers, talking about how they should pick up an inter tube to attach to the back.

It was a picturesque evening on the water. Carol slowed the boat's pace toward the center of the lake, allowing the group to take in the genuinely beautiful scenery. Rolling hills dotted with towering pines, meadows of scarlet and indigo wildflowers near the banks. Jubilant conversation from other vacationers echoed over the smooth surface of the water, as did their roaring jet skis, their homely paddle boards, their bouncing tubes.