Sorority Smackdown

The morning after the Brick Incident, Yelena woke with a start, confused as to why she currently laid on her living room couch instead of her bed. As she sat up, though, she stretched her knee a bit too far, and the opening of the wound was enough to remind her of the previous evening.

Another glaring reminder was the heavily slumbering form of Kate Bishop, who currently lay curled up against the arm of the couch, snoring lightly. With a small smile, Yelena gingerly extricated herself from the sofa, padding upstairs to investigate the pattering sounding in her bedroom.

Upstairs, Natasha knelt on Yelena's queen bed, pencil in her mouth and tape measure in her hand. Eyebrows furrowed, she took note of the width of the busted window pane, muttering figures to herself.

"Hey," Yelena said sheepishly from the doorway.

Natasha glanced over, dropping the pencil from her lips to say, "hey, Lena. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm- just a scratch on my knee, really."

"Alright." Natasha coiled her measuring tape, looking at Yelena knowingly. "Wasn't just talking about the knee, but I am glad you're okay. This glass is no joke, man. Could've gotten in your eyes or something."

"Yeah. I'm lucky."

"Anyway," Natasha grunted, hopping down off the mattress. "Me and Stevie should have this fixed up by Saturday. You could probably still sleep in here- it's not too cold out yet. At night, it'd probably be pretty nice."

"Thank you, Nat, really."

"Not a problem, kid. You got any sorority thingies to do today?"

"Um..." Yelena checked her phone. "Not until later. Tomorrow is Bid Day, so most everyone has visited all the houses by now."

"You don't have plans this morning?" Asked Kate, yawning as she stepped behind Yelena, resting her chin on her shoulder.

"Not currently," Yelena replied, poking Kate's cheek. "Why?"

"Let me take you out. Get your mind off of things. You've been in this bubblegum scented hell for a week straight- you've gotta be going a little crazy."

"Ooh, can I come?" Natasha joked as she squeezed past the couple, placing her pencil behind her ear. "Brunch on Bishop's dime?"

Kate frowned. "What happened to being my sugar daddy, Tasha? You're the one with the big girl job..."

With that, Natasha flipped Kate off and took her leave.

"Where do you wanna go?" Yelena asked, turning to wrap her arms lazily around Kate's neck.

Strong hands pinning Yelena gently to the doorframe, Kate said, "anywhere you want. Breakfast? Coffee? Target?"

"All of the above?"

"You got it." Kate kissed her sweetly. "I'm gonna go get ready and I'll pick you up in thirty, okay?"

"Okay." Yelena stepped back, one hand still toying with Kate's fingers. "I'll be waiting outside."

Kate bid a brief goodbye, bounding down the stairs and out the front door. Yelena watched her go from her broken window, laughing at her mismatched outfit that was surely borne from her panicked and hasty departure from her dorm last night. Out of the corner of her eye, though, Yelena spotted someone else. Someone that made her blood boil.

Across the street, at the Kappa Delta house, a trio of hopeful sorority acolytes stood in the front lawn, chatting up a sister. Immediately, Yelena recognized the tallest of the three as the strange girl from yesterday, the one that seemed like a bit of a stalker, the one that had probably committed property damage.