Tom - On Forgiveness

Tom: On Forgiveness

Though most of the team had known Sarah for only a short amount of time, her disappearance had affected each of us in different ways. Many of us didn’t exactly like her, but the mere thought of such death or betrayal was heartbreaking. We’d all been picturing her return with Mark in different ways, I think. She’d come laden with apologies, or with gifts. It was all personal. Privately, I wasn’t quite ready to accept any type of apology. I didn’t think one was warranted. Sarah had been through a lot, and whatever it was about her, I just knew that somehow, she was innocent. She had needed to do it and we needed to be her support system. I prepared myself as her return was heralded by screams, speeding cars and running footsteps; footsteps abusing the sidewalk as if it’d invented the idea of ‘yo mama’ jokes. Still, I was brave and silent when faced with the possibility of danger.

Brave and silent hiding under my bed, that is.

This is Tom Finn,

On his rather interesting life

-Bragging just a little about his rather fit bum,

Signing off.

~*~

After a time I finally removed myself from the fortress of pillows I had built as a safety net. Crawling across gray carpet I collapsed with relief upon my couch. It was nothing, just a backfiring car...

Sarah launched herself through my bedroom door, tripping over a stray pillow and falling into my arms. For split second I was lost for words.

Then I found some.

“Babecity! I knew you’d fall for me someday! But does your Dad know you’re out this late?”

“Only on Mondays,” Sarah replied, a slight banana-shaped smile tickling at the edges of her face.

“You’re such a fruit”, I laughed, sitting up and bringing her into my chest. I paused, chuckling to myself for a moment. “But, babe, have you been home yet?  You really shouldn’t have come here first, you know.”

“I know, but I just... with everything... I just really needed to see you.”

“Hon, that’s not what I mean. It’s just... this.” With a bit too much flair I gestured towards my friend’s outfit. It was things like this that made people wonder, I realised. Thinking back upon what I had said, I quickly corrected myself.

“...But don’t worry, you can totally pull off the ragged look.”

Sarah groaned. “Tooommm.”

How funny it was that she still thought I should have boundaries.

I winked. “In fact, I could totally take them off for you, if that’s what you’re into.”

Sarah hesitated, thinking about all that she would like to do to me, if only she had the chance. I leaned back upon the dark suede couch, looking both sexy and sophisticated.

Oh god, I’m good.

Sarah’s eyes glazed over as she met my own and in that split second, I knew I had made a mistake.

Sarah straightened to a height I’d never known she’d possessed. Shaking out her matted blonde hair behind her she marched towards me. I chucked nervously. I had seen that blank look before and it had not ended well. Not even a little bit.

Except for the sword. Swords are cool.

“Babe... Babe? You- you know I was only joking right? I mean, not that you’re not a very eligible bachelorette, I mean, you totally are.