𝐈𝐗. 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐈 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

"Merry Christmas." Edith grinned, hopping down the last step of the Burrow's staircase, arms swaying at her side as she wandered over to the table where Murphy sat, with Mrs Weasley behind them, baking a collection of tarts, croissants, waffles and pancakes.

"Merry Christmas, sweetheart." Molly beamed over her shoulder, turning back to the pan in her hand, waving her wand at the other pan piled high with strips of bacon.

Murphy didn't reply straight away, and Edith sat down beside them. "Hey Cap, You feeling okay?"

Wordlessly, Murphy picked up a folded letter that sat beside their arms, they handed it to the girl. Confused, Edith took it, opening it's folds to see what was inside.

Harlow,

I'm away for a short trip in Rome, your father is staying in Dubai for work. By the time you get this, I'll probably be traveling, so there's not much point in you sending a letter back. And your father is much to busy to be sending letters. Happy Christmas. I've left a few microwave meals in the fridge, if you're peckish . Rhea (that silly owl) should've delivered this to the house, but I've told her if she can't find you, you're no doubt at the Burrow with Edith. Give her my regards .

If you are at the house, I better not come home to a dirty kitchen.

Love,
Mum

Edith placed the letter down, sleeved arms wrapping around the metamorphmagus, her chin perched on their hoodie-covered shoulder. "Sorry, Murph."

Murphy scoffed. "Not your fault. I had a feeling she was away anyway."

"You shouldn't take it personally, dear." Molly interjected, a soft look being thrown over her shoulder as she hurried around the kitchen, multitasking as she made several breakfasts at the one time.

"Molly's right. You'll see them when term ends." Edith paused, glancing down at the letter again. "She's still using your middle name?"

"'Small progress' she calls it. I think she's just pulling wool over her eyes." Murphy grumbled.

"And your dad?"

"I couldn't tell you the last time I actually spoke to him. It's been months." Murphy shrugged, raking a hand through their hair. They reached over, quietly petting the owl that was perched on the chair.

"Rhea's here, at least. Smite too." Edith mused, squeezing the Hufflepuff's arm.

A small smile poked through Murphy's downcast expression. They breathed out, shaking their head. "I'll be fine. It's just... hard at Christmas."

"You always have us, sweetheart." Molly reminded them.

"I know, thank you." A small laugh left the metamorphmagus, their palm coming up to cover the back of Edith's hand.

Tap tap tap .

The three glanced over, seeing a large owl tilting it's head through the Burrow's kitchen window.