Chapter 6- A Few Flashbacks

Dedicated to KPL_54
My first follower😘

I was chasing down the days of fear
Chasing down a dream before it disappeared
I was aching to be somewhere near
Your voice was all I heard

I was shaking from a storm in me
Haunted by the spectres that we had to see
Yeah, I wanted to be the melody
Above the noise, above the hurt

The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) ~ U2

-Lynn's POV-

After my kiss with Tate, my happiness was unending. I was on Cloud 9. I kept pinching myself, to make sure I wasn't dreaming, and I never woke up. I guess it was real, and I couldn't stop the happiness.

I had never been a particularly happy child. I loved my friends, teachers, brother, and dog. Everyone supported me, and wanted to befriend me, because of my dad being the Alpha. I never quite knew who was my friend and who was just attracted to my power.

-Flashback-

I turn the corner quietly, but stop when I hear whispering and the word "Lynn."

I creep closer to the door, and hear my boyfriend of two years and my best friend Kate.

"God! I can't believe I have to be friends with her. This will be so much better once we kill her." Kate whisper yells.

"I can't believe I have to date her when I love you. And watching her face as the life slowly fades from her eyes... And having someone she thought loved her do it! Priceless." He says to her.

"Babe... I love you too, and killing her is going to be enjoyable."

I hear noises that can be described as two people sucking face.

I feel the sadness well up inside me, and I know that I will never speak to either again. I also feel the anger, those people messed with the wrong warrior. Sadly, my moment of thought is cut short when the two people I despise most (at the moment) walk out of the classroom, hand in hand.

Kate sneers at me. "Eavesdropping Lynn?"

"Yes. I'm glad I did, too."

Both scoff. "Do you like a broken heart?" My boyfri- ex boyfriend asks.

I give him a pitying glance. "Actually I was coming to break up with you. But now I get to kill you too!" His surprised expression almost makes me laugh. "And you are, as of now, both rogues." I smile at both, then turn to walk away.

They stand there, frozen. I laugh as I walk away. Their pain helps fuel my anger.

-End of Flashback-

I smile fondly at the memory of that day. Not because of my young self's sadness, but because that was the day I realized that life is a bitch. I learned not to sugar coat anything. Most importantly, I lost the want to trust, not even my friends could make me confide anything to anyone.

My parents expected perfection from me at all times. I was their Barbie. I played their sports, ate their diets, trained, befriended their friends, blindly despised their enemies. I was going to be the Female Alpha. I followed their commands, and was going to be a figurehead. Never actually having a say, just voicing their opinions as my own.

I smile again, remembering the day I left. I had moved in with my mate, and when he broke my heart, I ran to my parents hoping for comfort. What they gave me was exactly the opposite.

-Flashback-

I was so tired. Even training hadn't prepared me for the six hundred mile sprint back home.

I shifted quickly and dressed, running to the house and hammering in the door.

My mother opens the door, and is surprised to see me. "Why are you here?" Her voice is cold and detached.

"My mate..." I sob. "He c-ch-cheated!"

She gives me a glare. "So? Why are you here?"

I stare at her in shock, she had never cared but this was a new low, even for her. "He cheated. With another girl." I say slowly, hooping she gives me a hug, compassion, anything.

No reaction can be observed on her face. "Go back. You can ask his forgiveness for running away, and say you don't care about the other girl." She tells me.

"Why would I do that?" I almost scream at her.

"Don't you want to be Luna?" She asks me.

"Not if I need to turn a blind eye to another woman."

She sighs. "I can't believe you're my daughter. Power is everything child. Now go back! Don't lose your power!"

I nod my head, and turn to leave. "Thanks for showing me who you really are." I tell her.

She nods back, and smiles.

My mother is a disgusting person. I decide.

I shift and run. Once I'm in a neutral area, I enter my mind. I feel the connection bonding me to both my mate's pack, and my father's pack. I imagine a silver knife, cutting the bonds I have to both packs. The strings fall away, and I'm free from a pack bond.

-End of Flashback-

My parents really were awful people.

No shit, Sherlock. My wolf quips.

Hey wolfy girl. I tell her.

Hello human girl. She replies. I have been spending time with our mates wolf. He is kind and I love him already. Do you love Tate yet?

I don't know. It's kind of soon to tell, but I care for him. I tell her.

Well Tate's wolf says Tate loves you. She informs me.

Wonderful. Sarcasm. Do you gossip about us together? I ask her.

Um.. Maybe. We don't have anything else to talk about. Hey! I have a funny story.

Tell me! I beg. Her storied usually are quite funny.

Tate inhaled a blueberry when he was five. Through his nose. It got stuck, and he could only smell blueberry for like a year. Also, he had a crush on his cousin for like two years, without knowing it was his cousin. She says through choking laughter.

I laugh mentally. Of course he did! What a spaz.

Wait... Did you tell him anything about me? I ask her cautiously.

Yep. Don't be mad! Just about that time when someone tried to flirt with you, and you panicked and accidentally hit them with your pizza. You kept saying, 'it was just a reflex!' My wolf is dying of laughter.

I cut our connection, a bit mad at her. Why should she get to tell his wolf embarrassing things about me? I have nonexistent relationship skills, but still... That was when I was fourteen. I bet anything she forgot to mention that part.

I pull up to a large ranch house. It's practically bomb proof, with its ten inch thick iron walls.

I cut the engine on my baby, and walk inside.

"Hank! I'm here!"

There is no reply.

"Hank?"

I hear a pained scream, and run towards it.

--------

-JKO

THANKS FOR READING!

Comment!
Vote!

Love y'all!