Chapter 9

Sleepwalking down the road
I'm not waking from these dreams
'Cause it's never dead
It's still my head
It was a warzone in my teens
I'm still standing on that street
Still need an enemy
The worst ones I can't see
But you can, you can

Cedarwood Road -U2

-Tate's POV-

After Lynn left me, all I could do was mope. I love her. She is my mate, but she rejected me. I was kissing that girl... But it felt like Lynn. I knew something was off but I was so happy she was kissing me I just ignored it. Lynn has been betrayed too many times to think I would tell the truth.

-Flashback-

I take Lynn's hand and leads her up to the fourth floor. Here, I inserts the key into the doorknob and open it slowly. "This is my room. I was wondering, my mate, if you would like to stay here with me?" I'm a bit nervous to ask her.

"Sure." She says, and shrugs. I feel myself smiling uncontrollable and beaming like an idiot.

"Great!" I exclaim.

Lynn shrugs again. "Lemme just go grab my stuff." She announces.

A little while later, I feel Lynn come into the room. She covers my eyes and turns me around, pressing a soft kiss to my lips. It just feels... off. Like I'm missing something. We're both shirtless, and are continuing our kiss, when someone clears their throat. I look at the girl I was just kissing, and think with my wolf for a second.

Oh shit! My wolf says, glancing at Lynn, who just came up the stairs.

"Like, what do you, like, want?" The girl I was just kissing says in a high pitched, valley girl voice. How did I not notice this before?

"Just coming to tell Tate that I was leaving." Lynn says, looking at me. I put up a wall. My face is completely emotionless.

"And why would we, like, care, like, at all, likeeeee?" She says.

Lynn sneers at her. "Because the rogue in the basement is coming with me." She announces. Turning to me, she says, "I'm not asking for permission. I'm telling you."

I turn to the girl and say, "Babe can we continue this later?"

She nods and walks down the stairs, but no before she tries to knock Lynn's shoulder with hers. Lynn stands like a statue, and I hear fake Lynn rebound off of her. She is absolutely pathetic.

I smile at Lynn. "Isn't she sweet?" I say, because I know the girl is still listening. After this, I'm sure she thinks I'll ask the real Lynn to leave and she'll be Luna. As if.

"Yeah. Just as sweet as salt." She tells me. "I'm taking the rogue. And I, Rogue Lynn Decri, reject you, Alpha Tate."

As she speaks the words, something seems to click in my head. "What? No!"

She just smiles, waves, and tries to walk away. I reach out and grab her shoulder, turning her around.

"What did you do?" I asks her, my voice containing obvious pain.

"I dunno. What did you do?" She asks me. I realize what she thinks I just did, and how betrayed by me she feels.

My voice is exasperated. "She's my ex fiancé Lynn! I was in the room and she kissed me and I thought it was you."

"I'm sure that's true." She says. Under her breath I hear her mumble, "Bitch isn't even smart enough to tie her shoe. No way she's that conniving."