Chapter 13

Voy a reír, voy a bailar
Vivir mi vida la la la la
Voy a reí, voy a gozar
Vivir mi vida la la la la

тяαиѕℓαтισи:
ι ωιℓℓ ℓαυgн, ι ωιℓℓ ∂αи¢є.
ℓινє му ℓιfє ℓα ℓα ℓα ℓα.
ι ωιℓℓ ℓαυgн, ι ωιℓℓ єиʝσу.
ℓινє му ℓιfє ℓα ℓα ℓα ℓα.

Vivir mi vida - Marc Anthony.

-Lynn's POV-

After entering the house with Tate, I remember I should probably dispose of the body before a human comes to the island.

"Hey Tate! I gotta go get rid of the body," I tell him.

"M'kay. I gotta come with you though," he responds. He looks up, expecting a protest, but I don't care enough to fight him on something so silly.

We walk out of the house side by side, and return to the place where I killed my mother. Except, there is no body, none at all. My mother didn't die. Or if she did, someone came and took her. How is that? I stabbed her, shot her, and snapped her neck.

She wasn't really my mother. I heard her and my father fighting about how my biological mother was a "dirty hoe" that couldn't keep her hands off my father. Turns out, my "mother" had killed her.

Instead of being a happy-go-lucky child, I then realized I was living with a murderer who was posing as my mother. The young age I was at, I never could pin the woman who raised me as the bad guy, but once I'd grown up I realized what a monster she was. I got as far away from her as fast as I could, and I hadn't looked back until Jack rejected me. I had then run to her, expecting, hoping, for comfort. I had received a kick to the heart and a "go be the best wife who knows about the mistresses you can be." I suppose it was ironic, seeing as that had been her years ago.

Any hope of knowing or loving my mother had disappeared after that. Hopelessness and faithlessness from family had left my heart calloused, hurt, and hidden from all. Those who approached me found a bad girl, kick ass image. I don't know if that was ever me. Meeting Tate has made me take a step back and truly look at myself in a different way.

Days pass and Tate, Kade, and I grow much closer. We all trust each other now. Tate did that Alpha thing where he searched Kade's mind so we're sure he's not really with Jack.

After our somewhat extended vacation is coming to a close, I decide we should get back to land, and by land I mean a continent. Tate and Kade protest heavily, sounding like small children who are getting a well loved toy taken away.

"But Lynnnnn!"

"Lynnie poo!"

"Don't be a stick in the mud!"

"Party pooper."

Is it just me, or did the mental age in here just plummet? No matter, I always suspected they were secretly five or something.

"Don't make me give you time out!" I quip.

Tate quickly tries to pick me up. I kick the back of his knee so he falls to his knees and I'm on my feet again. "Never pick me up again," I tell him. "I hate feeling like someone could drop me," I then add in a whisper, "Someone always drops me."

Unfortunately, Tate heard me. His hearing, I tell you, is impeccable. He just hugs me, and tells me to "let it out". As if. If I cry now, the tears will never stop.

-Tate's POV-

Kade, Lynn and I are fooling around outside. The mood suddenly gets sad when Lynn announces we should leave.

"But Lynnnnn!" I plead.

"Lynnie poo!" Kade adds, hoping she'll cave with his puppy dog eyes.

"Don't be a stick in the mud!" We yell.

"Party pooper."

"Don't make me give you time out!" Lynn says, as if speaking to a small child.

I try to pick up Lynn, but she kicks the back of my knee, and I fall to my knees, gently dropping her to the ground. "Never pick me up again," she tells me. "I hate feeling like someone could drop me," She then adds in a whisper, "Someone always drops me."

Unfortunately for her, I heard that. I gingerly hug her, afraid of being hit where the sun don't shine. She just lets me hold her though, thank goddess.

"You can let it out Lynn," I tell her.

After hearing this, her face hardens into a wall, one that even I can't break down. "Lynn?" I say in a whisper.

She turns her head towards mine. "Yes?" She says a pleasant word, but it comes out impatient.

"What's wrong?" I ask, really curious as to see why she hardened at me mentioning her showing weakness.

She looks directly into my eyes, and says, "Tate, some people can afford to show weakness. I'm not one of them."

I suddenly feel a passionate rush of anger towards her parents and towards Jack. She feels like talking about feeling shows weakness? I know I sound like a girl, but how awful was her life if she can't even talk to her mate about it? Over my shoulder I quickly yell, "I'm going to train!" Before running away. I'm on the verge of shifting.

After I've worked out and calmed down, I walk back up into the house and into my room. Lynn is sitting on my bed, next to my packed bags. "Are you trying to tell me something?" I ask her, in a joking way.

"Yep. We're leaving now. I packed Kade's stuff too." She tells me.

I sigh, because I really liked being here. Also, I got to see Lynn in a bikini. I can tell I'm smiling in a really creepy way, and I quickly hide my smile. Lynn squints at me in suspicion, then shrugs and drops the subject.

We fly home on the jet with the crazy foreign man we met on the way here, and Lynn sits next to me on the way home. During the middle of the flight, the left wing starts to quiver, shudder, and jiggle.

"This is your captain speaking. We are having major motor issues. Please stand by."

Shit just got real.

-----

-JKO

VOTE
COMMENT

THANKS FOR READING!

Stay classy y'all✨