Chapter 15- Daddy's Here

Tell you I love you
Come back and haunt you
-The Scientist
Coldplay

-Tate's POV-

After our dramatic exit from the plane, I was still pretty shaky. I was just grateful someone was out here to come get us. It did seem a bit suspicious that a small fishing boat was in the middle of the Atlantic, but hey, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Whatever that means.

Landing in the chilly water was a shock from the otherwise warmer air. Goosebumps rose on my skin, but not from the temperature of the water.

Near me, Kade and Lynn shrugged off their parachutes, so I did the same. Apparently, Lynn had really wanted to go skydiving.

The little boat, so innocent looking, draws closer.

"Oh it was no problem. I was in the area anyways." A voice carries off the deck of the boat. The captain and crew are quite grateful.

I see Lynn tense up in the corner of my eye. I turn to look at her and she pulls a knife, before vaulting over the edge of the little boat, and landing on top of the man driving the boat.

I try not to get jealous about the fact that she's straddling him. Wolfie is getting angry.

Don't call me that! He says, angry now.

Whatever man. I tell him.

But I'm not a man. He responds.

I should probably focus on Lynn and why she's trying to kill this guy.

"Long time no see, right Lynn?" He says.

"Not quite long enough, I'm sad to say. What happened, got tired of the bitch my mother is?" Lynn asks him, with a curious tone.

This guy knows her mother?

"Never. You know I love her," he says.

"Well, it's great to see you and all, but where is Jack?" She asks. I have to suppress a growl. That man better stay the hell away from us.

"All in good time, all in good time. We have tons of catching up to do, eh daughter?" He says, spitting the word "daughter".

"I will never be your daughter," Lynn says, spitting on his face. "Never again."

Wow. Family drama. I'm glad I never really had any of this.

However, this is a man that damaged Lynn. He also worked with Jack. This made him my enemy and also Lynn's and Kade's. We were all family, as Lynn had said.

She may have been delusional, considering the possible death situation that had presented itself.

Lynn's father, who I still hadn't learned the name of, pushed the knife away from his jugular, and sat up. He pushed Lynn off of him, and got to his feet. After dusting himself off, he returned to the wheel, with Lynn on his heels.

"We aren't going anywhere until you tell me what happens next," Lynn states confidently.

"You go see Jack now. End of story. He bites you, gets his power,and then your mother kills you," he says it like it means nothing to him. Like she means nothing to him.

"I see how this is planned to go, but, tell me father, what has Jack done for you?" Lynn asks her father, an amused glint in his eye.

"He takes care of your mother, and will also take care of you," this is stated with absolute confidence. As if it is inevitable.

"You think taking care of us is so much more important than getting something you want," Lynn says.

"Yes. Of course. Anything to get rid of you," he stated with cold hatred.

Lynn had such a good poker face, I couldn't tell if what he said had hurt her. Not anything appeared to hurt Lynn, but someday everything would come out. All at the same time.

"I see. But why would I let you take me somewhere I don't want to go, to see someone I don't want to be around?" She asks.

"Because there isn't enough gas to get back across the ocean, on either side," he says this knowing Lynn has no hope of escape now.

"Okay. Let's go," Lynn says.

Absolute certainty was used in making this decision. I wonder what she has planned....

-Lynn's POV-

"Okay. Let's go," I tell my father.

My wolf is itching to get out and tear him apart. Every fiber of my being wants to destroy one of the three that ruined my life, but I must use my father to get to the boat.

I pretended to put up a fight at first, pretending that I didn't want to go. Truthfully, I've waited years to kill all three, and all at once would make the moment so much sweeter.

I know Jack won't let Tate talk to me alone, and that he has spies everywhere on his boat.

The only good thing is that the pilots cabin locks from the inside.

After pretending, I gave in. This actually surprised the people in the boat. I'm not exactly known for compromise.

I need to kill all three so I can be free. The thing preventing me from joining a pack, other than the fact I'm practically public enemy number one, is that my parents would use their money to get me kicked out. Or Jack would threaten to kill the pack members.

Even if I didn't really care about the pack members, I couldn't put that on an alpha. I've seen first hand what power, and pressure, can make people do. Desperate people do desperate things.

Right now, I think Jack is pretty desperate.

------

Sorry it's short.

I have like no time for writing.

And I have a group project and my group is hard to work with. Grrrrr.

Imma go wolf on these people.

Just kidding, ;)

VOTE
COMMENT

THANKS FOR READING!!

Stay classy! ✨