Chapter 17- The Conclusion

If you come at the king, you best not fall.

-Lynn's POV-

I twirl the gun around my finger nonchalantly.

Jack, my mother and father, and the Warriors freeze. In this instant, the cage works to my advantage, because they can't take it away from me without touching the silver.

"Any last words?" I ask the three.

Jack just smiles at me. "You mean, your last words?"

"Jack, Jack, Jack. I think we both know by now that I'm talking about your last words. I mean, I'm the one with the gun, right?"

"I bet you can't even fire straight," he says while smirking.

I know he's trying to stall me so he can get backup, or execute another plan. His eyes suddenly flash with malice. "Guards, I think you should execute the rogue and the alpha now," he says while gesturing towards Kade and Tate.

I quickly check my gun. Three bullets.

That's all I'll need.

-Tate's POV-

Lynn checks her gun for bullets. From here, I can see that she has three.

One for each enemy of hers.

This leaves me and Kade unprotected. I think we all know Lynn will choose to kill them, and not save us. She deserves to do that though. Kade and I both try, to no avail, to wiggle free of the ropes they've attached to us.

Lynn slowly raises her gun at Jack. "I think we all know who I'll chose to save," she says.

In one instant, she changes her guns direction. She points at me and fires. The ropes restraining me are frayed by the gunshot. The next second, a knife is embedded in the floor next to my hand. Lynn is very accurate. I grab the knife and pull it out of the wood. Kade is freed with the knife Lynn sent next.

Lynn has two bullets left now. Who is she going to kill?

-Lynn's POV-

I can breathe now that Kade and Tate are free and able to defend themselves.

The decision still remains. Who do I kill?

Jack has tortured me my entire life.

My mother will always chase me.

My father is a demon.

The decision is made. The gun is raised, fired twice. Two bodies fall.

One is my mother.

One is my father.

They fall and stop breathing. This time, they're actually dead.

Time stands still as I revel in the feeling of freedom.

Jack, Tate and Kade all stare at me in shock. They all expected me to shoot Jack.

Deep down, I know this was a decision that made me. I know Jack wasn't worth my mercy, but my parents deserved it less. If Jack wanted Elle, he should've told me. He should have rejected me when he first saw me. He should've learned to live without his power.

He made the wrong choice many times, sure. But, my parents hurt me more in the end.

I had always imagined this would be a triumphant moment, but it feels as if nothing has changed. Physically, I'm the same. Mentally, I'm sane. Not the same, but I am sane. I will love. I will live a life without having to kill to survive. I can let go of my cold mask. Can being the operative. I don't know if after all these years, I'm still alive under my mask. I've taken so many lives. So, so many innocent lives.