Here For You

Event takes place during team battle mechanics class.

A special thanks to GodkillerGrey for proofreading and editing this chapter.

Arthur POV:

'Papa! Mama is in danger!'

Sylvie's voice generated a plethora of emotions in me as I saw the fast approaching fist of the Flame Guardian Lucas had conjured. Disregarding my safety, I turned towards the direction where I could feel the massive spike in mana. I could also see the panic stricken face of Professor Glory which only aggravated my worries.

Activating Static Void, I made my way through towards her...questions flooding my mind as to what these emotions I was currently feeling were.

Desperation. Guilt. Powerlessness. And maybe...

I was brought out of my thoughts as the pain due to prolonged use of my beast will invaded my senses causing me to almost lose consciousness. Squeezing the remaining mana from my core, I made my way over the overgrown vines tearing and swimming through the waves of frozen space and time.

Crossing the vines only brought pure dread as I saw a massive beam of condensed fire mana twenty meters away heading towards Tess. Her face was in grimace showcasing extreme pain while she was clutching the area on her chest where the mana core was located.

The beast will. I cursed myself for losing my focus, instead diverting my attention towards Lucas, a person I held only hatred for. I didn't notice that Tess had absorbed the will already and was thus in no condition to be fighting right now.

Arriving in front of her, I could feel the few drops of mana I had melt away as I wrapped my arms around her, gripping the silver locks of her hair tightly as this might well be the last time I could do so. Without mana, I couldn't take a full blown A class mana beast's attack even with an assimilated body.

Taking one last look at the one who I now realised I wanted to spend my life with, being too late to accept the fact caused me to tear up. I wouldn't be able to feel those blissful emotions anymore but i could leave knowing I protected the one who saved me from my past self.

Planting a soft kiss on her forehead, I softly muttered the words that I should have a long time ago as the effects of the beast will ceased to exist

"I love you Tess, and I'm sorry."

I felt my consciousness slip, but not before I felt our position shift and a searing pain invaded the right side of my body.

Tessia POV:

My fight with Curtis was sailing pretty smoothly. I was easily overpowering Curtis, dodging and blocking his attacks with my vines and wind attribute. I could tell my sword skills were superior despite being a conjurer since i was trained by grandpa alongside Art.

While I was thinking about Art, I felt a huge mana fluctuation and a spherical dome of fire engulf the opposite side of the arena. Even though Art was strong, restricting himself to his two weaker elements would prove troublesome even for him.

"Concentrate on our fight princess, or you might get hurt." Curtis's voice brought me out of my thoughts as we engaged in a heated battle.

"This is my strongest attack, prepare yourself princess! World Howl!"

Curtis shouted as he released what seemed to be his beast will and a huge beam of fire mana shot from him. Just as I was about to raise the vines to block it, I felt tremendous pain erupt from my mana core, essentially preventing me from accessing my mana pool.