Here For You Too

Arthur Eralith POV:

"Congratulations your Highness! It's a girl!" The nurse exclaimed as she handed over a bundle of happiness wrapped in a warm cloth to me.

My hands quivered as it approached the baby, scared and excited to hold the young life we had created. Holding her in my arms, I took her to my wife, who undoubtedly was the one who did all the work. All I could do was be there for her mentally.

Tessia now laid on the bed, with a tired yet blissful smile on her face as happy tears adorned her gem like emerald eyes. I sat next to her, supporting her tired and frail constitution and gently placing our baby in her arms.

Tess holding her in her arms planted a soft kiss on the baby's cheek. "My baby. Art it's our baby. I'm a mother now, Art." she said in a shaky voice laced with happiness as tears finally left her eyes. She laid her head on my shoulder as we continued to trace the features of the symbol of our love.

"She has your hair." she giggled as she gently caressed the baby's head where a small patch of wet wheat blonde hair stood out against the pale skin.

"She does, doesn't she?" I replied not taking my eyes off her.

"Ahem!" we were brought out of our trance when gramps faked a cough.

Looking over, I had forgotten others had entered the room.

My mother, Ellie, Twin Horns, my first daughter and gramps. They all arrived near the foot of the large bed we were on with loving smiles on their faces. Mother had tears in her eyes whereas Sylvie had a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Thank you Arthur." gramps said. Those three words carried so much emotion that couldn't be put into words. With everything that had happened, we had never imagined such a happy day would ever come, but here we are.

"Let me look at my sibling! Mama and Papa!" Sylvie jumped and sat on my lap as she gazed over the newborn infant, her sister. I could feel her excitement through our bond flooding my senses.

Tess held our baby towards Sylvie who just cooed in a language I didn't understand except the part where she told she is her elder sister.

The baby shifted uncomfortably as she cooed back, as if acknowledging and accepting her as her sister. A huge smile formed on my face looking at their interaction.

"Dear!" Tess called out to me. Looking at her, she was watching the baby excitedly. tacing her line of sight, I saw our baby trying to open her eyes.

I felt seconds turn into minutes as I felt my surroundings go quiet, my heart pounding with excitement and anticipation.

But soon,the eyelids raised to reveal a set of beautiful emerald eyes. I felt my heart skip a beat at the wonder before me. She winced a little trying to adjust to the light, but that expression soon turned into curiosity as she gazed over the three figures in her vision trying to contain their happiness.

"And she has your eyes hun." I managed to say while holding Tess and Sylvie impossibly close in a loving embrace.

"She does, doesn't she." she replied the same way I did with a giggle.

'Oh god I love this woman so much' I thought while looking at her antics.

'Princess, don't tell me you forgot me' came from a mental transmission.

'Ah'

'...'

'You did, didn't you'

'....don't sweat the small stuff Regis. Come meet your niece' I sent back.